Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yall think Gamboa is good? Wait to see fellow Cuban Rigondeaux.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Burner View Post
    Hes already 28 years old.

Yeah, i know. I make a statement about his age on another thread. I wish he was at least 4-6 years younger. If he can fight for 12 years, he might accomplish half as much as Manny and Floyd. I think he has the skillset to do it even though he will be slower by the time he turn 40 years old.

Comment

I've seen all the pro fights so far from both guys... Gamboa I think is more exciting to watch at this point, and likely always will be, with his flashiness and explosive nature. Rigondeaux though has the kind of extensive skillset only a knowledgeable fan can truly appreciate, and can easily end a fight just as definitively with either hand... I can't wait to see this guy fully adapt his style to the pro's and get some combinations working as he mostly uses single shots so far, though with Freddie Roach guiding him along I think we all know it's just a matter of time before we see that sniper rifle straight left and nasty right hook working together.
      To me that's the most important thing with either of these guys at this point, they're already tremendous boxers with fantastic amateur careers and Olympic gold medals each (two for Guillermo) but it's just a question of adapting their styles to the pros (Gamboa has come a long way in this regard already) before they begin to pass their prime.. as it's already been mentioned Gamboa is already in his late 20's and Guillermo I believe is in his early to mid 30's. Timing and matchmaking will be the key to both these guys careers in the pros
      Also, noone should sleep on Erislandy Lara... with Gamboa and Rigondeaux's achievements perhaps unfairly overshadowing him, he's another great amateur boxer with tremendous potential in the pro's and with the division he's in he has a good chance of ending up with the best resume out of them all. To clarify what I mean is that at 126 Gamboa is powerful and looks built as but he's also not tall even for there, I can't see him going up multiple divisions without sacrificing speed at this point; Guillermo likewise may well be too old already to look good at a higher weight

Just my zero cents...

Comment

Originally posted by YAKULT View Post
        nasty in what way?
        would you recomend that yakult stuff.....how does it taste? are they paying you for advertisment?? are you a yakult salesperson??? Can I get some info on this apparently creamy elixir....what can it do for me! lol

Comment

Gamboa is 28, Rigondeaux is 29, Lara is 26 i think

Comment

For some reason Solis is the guy that I have my eye on, if that guy gets in to better shape he would be really something and maybe bring some spark back to the heavy weights. But yeah Cuba has some really good prospects. Wish the best for all of them.

Comment

My bad, as mentioned Rigondeaux is 29... not sure where i heard he was in his 30s

Comment

Rigondeaux is the best prospect and IMO with Freddie Roach's guidance he'll be even better than Gamboa.

Rigo all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
                  Gamboa has the full package. Offense, defense, power, speed, head movements, footwork, ect. Of course he still has a long way to go before he reached the same level as Floyd and Manny, but he has great potential to be even better than these two guys.
                  lol........

Comment

Originally posted by FasTHarD View Post
                    lol........

What's so funny? I said he has potential, doesn't mean he's going to be better than both of them.

Comment

I like Rigondeaux, he's very good.

Gamboa-Lopez must happen now.

Comment

Working...
                      X