• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    '84 American Boxing Team, best squad ever................ Rockin'
    That and also 1976 was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      This would also help - I don't think many people are gonna bother going to check who was at which olympics...
      1996.. Floyd, tarver, wlad, Vargas, David Diaz, dzindziruk, Guzman, Daniel Santos, zsolt erdei, morel, jirov, ottke

2000... Calderon, viloria, darchinyan, ponce de Leon, Orlando Cruz. Rigondeaux, mathebula, Juarez, bojado, katsidis, kotelnik, senchenko, cotto, lacy, Sam peter, geale, jermain Taylor, bika, Danny green, Harrison

2004... Warren, shiming, gamboa, rigondeaux, j.m.Lopez, escobedo, angulo, ward, mares,Mendez,aydin, khan, shumenov, martirosyan, Lara, berto, golovkin, dirrell, Pascal, Andy lee, yoan p Hernandez, Solis, povetkin

Comment

Originally posted by azul loc View Post
        1996.. Floyd, tarver, wlad, Vargas, David Diaz, dzindziruk, Guzman, Daniel Santos, zsolt erdei, morel, jirov, ottke

2000... Calderon, viloria, darchinyan, ponce de Leon, Orlando Cruz. Rigondeaux, mathebula, Juarez, bojado, katsidis, kotelnik, senchenko, cotto, lacy, Sam peter, geale, jermain Taylor, bika, Danny green, Harrison

2004... Warren, shiming, gamboa, rigondeaux, j.m.Lopez, escobedo, angulo, ward, mares,Mendez,aydin, khan, shumenov, martirosyan, Lara, berto, golovkin, dirrell, Pascal, Andy lee, yoan p Hernandez, Solis, povetkin
        Cheers M8 - I did a partial list myself (just medalists) but that's way more comprehnsive.

Hmm...hard to make a judgment - obviously 1996 has the two biggest names, but that's partly a factor of time. 2000 has a few that have by now peaked and drpped off, but 2004 has the most current titlists (kinda obviously).

I think I'd probably go for 1996 due to strength in depth, but 2004 could overtake it depending on how the current crop of champs perform in the future.

Comment

Comment

I gotta give it to the 1996 team becuase of the two thats dominating and running things today.
            Floyd and Wlad.

But much respect to the 1984 team.
            Holyfield, Sweet Pea, Meldrick Taylor, etc....
            Need I say more?

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              OK - just from Wiki and going off the top 4 (ie the medalists) these are some of the names that have subsequently turned pro. There's plenty of others who didn't medal cos they were beaten by some of the guys listed (or top ams who never went pro), Despaigne, Pascal and N'Jikam for instance were all MWs in 2004. Berto, Angulo etc also fall into this category.

Anyways.

Floyd
              Tarver
              Jirov
              Wlad

Rigo
              Jermaine Taylor
              Erdei
              Ibragimov
              (Harrison)

Gamboa
              Rigo
              Khan
              Golovkin
              Dirrell
              Ward
              Solis
              Povetkin

I'm sure there's many names I've missed, but it's a reasonable starting list for discussion.
              Cotto, Calderon, Viloria and Darchynian in 2000 class. Also, Francisco Bojado and Ricardo Williams were in this class as well. I think Narvaez may have been here too.

Comment

This.......

Comment

Originally posted by azul loc View Post

Thanx for doing the list, Just remembered another one, DAVID REID? 1996?

Comment

Based on how they turned out as pros? Or based on how good they were in the amateurs?

Comment

Cuba and Soviet Union didn't participate the '84 Olympics, alongside 14 other nations.

Comment

Working...
                      X