Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of the strangest foods you've eaten?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Centipede. Tastes like shit.

BTW, this thread is gonna get real ugly. ^

Comment

Originally posted by Shiranui View Post
      You can get it in Shin Okubo by all reports from my Korean friends, but only at more upscale places. Never saw it it myself, but I hear dog soup is like 4-5000 yen a bowl.
      Truth be told, I know a place in my suburban Tokyo neighborhood where I can get it from the 아줌마 (おばさん) who owns the shop if I order in advance, but it seems weird. I guess I have inhibitions about eating dog still, so it feels nicer to do it in another country instead of setting it up here. It's kind of like Tijuana (et. al.) sex tourism.

Comment

I'm just joking though, I'd eat it here just as well, but I don't think she'd fill an order for one, and I don't think I could find enough people to attend the party. Most people probably wouldn't be too into it. Or else I'd have to pay the tab myself or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Rorschach™ View Post

Centipede. Tastes like shit.

BTW, this thread is gonna get real ugly. ^
          Why? It's all about individual experiences.

I'll be sure to upload a picture or two of my dog stew in a few weeks too.

Comment

One of these days, I will go to SE Asia and have all of the various snake delicousies. For example, Vietnamese booze and snake blood, etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kadyo View Post
              Pinoy's ewee, also called chicken tail but actually is chicken ass. Tasty.

I find it to be one of the tastiest parts to eat besides the breast and wings.

Comment

Not food but still, breast milk from a Cambodian immigrant.

BREASSSSST MILKKKKK YOU MAKE MY DAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

Comment

Originally posted by BornToLive View Post
                  Not food but still, breast milk from a Cambodian immigrant.

BREASSSSST MILKKKKK YOU MAKE MY DAAAAAYYYYYYYY!
                  Take this bullshit to another thread. This is a serious discussion thread.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                    Im a complete ***** when it comes to food.

Cant be dealing with all that "exotic" stuff. I nearly puked when i ate an oyster. The texture of the food is important to me. If i dont like the taste of something i can still eat it. If the texture of it is too weird or gross ill gag or puke. I hate the texture or mushrooms, so eating eyes etc is a definate no-no.

Gimme a steak + chips/potatoes and Ill be a lot more grateful than if u handed me a plate of the most expensive japanese meal money can buy.

edit - forgot to say, the strangest thing ive eaten is crocodile pie. Well i was told it was a croc, it coulda been any reptile tbh how the **** would i know. i bought it in a pie shop in Oz
                    You sound like my greek friend. We went to hong kong and he ended up eating bread, pizza and hamburgers. He can't even eat indian or chinese food...he only likes bread feta cheese...salad

Real men try and eat different types of food. If you ***** out when it comes to different types of food (at least try it) then you aren't a real man simple as.

Real men try all types of food because they got balls

They would even try balls

I've eaten snail, worms cow intestine tons of weird ****!

All i can say is...we only have one life! life it to the max. Don't stick with hamburgers and chips. Try all different types of food and travel the world! I've found out the most ignorant people are those who never travel and never try out different types of food.
                    Last edited by Xercen; 07-13-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

standard sushi items are somehing i eat pretty often. nothing too crazy. raw tuna from all over the fish, raw white fish, raw octopus, cooked and uncooked eel, crab with the shell on it, etc. all types of seaweed, too. they wrap sushi in seaweed, and make salads from seaweed. tastes terrific.
                      my favorites are unagi (lightly cooked eel,)
                      and spider maki (a roll with avacado, salmon eggs (wierd, but you hardly taste them,) and a fried soft shell crab. heaven.

some game:
                      deer, elk, moose, buffalo, and caribou. i've eaten almost every cut of meat on a deer. they are delicious little critters. i dont have the heart to shoot one, but i'll eat it if it's taken responsibly.

goat cheese is a little strange but it's very good.

raw shellfish of all sorts, too. when i was a child and incredibly ******ed we used to just crack **** open and eat it like savages.
                      cooked and raw:
                      oysters, softshell clams [steamers,] sea clams [surf clams,] littlenecks, razor clams, mussels,

you guys, on the other hand, make me look like a conservative eater.

how many bowls of soup with a fish head in it do i have to see?

a centipede?
                      Last edited by New England; 07-13-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X