Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Golovkin Would Knock Miguel Cotto Out in Five!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly a bold prediction by Sanchez! Cotto is a career welterweight, GGG a career middleweight. I have never seen GGG get hurt, stunned, or even dropped for that matter. Cotto is a great boxer in his own right, but GGG is just as talented if not more so... with huge power. I love Cotto, he is among my favorite fighters, but he would be very lucky to see the final bell in a match up with GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by PR13 View Post
      Little desperate Sanchez?
      Money hungry?
      Get in line.
      If anyone skipped the line it was Cotto. GGG was obviously more deserving of a Martinez fight. Now GGG has to wait? To be fair it was a cherry pick gone wrong on Martinez's part more than anything else. But don't say GGG doesn't deserve a title shot.

Anyway, Cotto really isn't a middleweight and I wouldn't be surprised if he vacated the title and went back to fighting at 154. Nor would I really blame him.
      Last edited by Derranged; 01-08-2015, 12:03 PM.

Comment

If I were Cotto's team, I'd stay away from Triple G..that fight has end of career written all over it...

Cotto should not even really be fighting at MW, he's kind of in the same position that Manny is in fighting at WW... Cotto should be fighting at catch weights against Canelo and guys who aren't full-fledged MWs yet...

Comment

Forget about Cotto and Triple G... the only interesting fight at MW for Triple G against a for-the-most-part career WW is against Floyd... Floyd has enough movement and defense to at least have a game plan to try to win a decision against Triple G... Cotto would be annihilated... Canelo has a better shot because he can take a punch better than Cotto but Canelo has serious stamina issues and would completely overwhelmed by Triple Gs work rate... and I think Cotto beats Canelo on points in their fight...

But because Triple G isn't a superstar it would make no sense trying to make the fight because of HBO/SHowtime will only work together on a mega fight like Floyd-Manny, Tyson-Lewis etc...

Comment

Originally posted by PR13 View Post
            It will happen in the future & I want to see them fight... Cotto has to beat Canelo 1st... Cotto is known for fighting the best in their prime.
            Yep, right, like a one eye blind Margarito and a crippled Martinez, he fought the best in their prime and he lost to all of them : Margarito, Trout, Mayweather, Paquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by francisco0315 View Post
              Yep, right, like a one eye blind Margarito and a crippled Martinez, he fought the best in their prime and he lost to all of them : Margarito, Trout, Mayweather, Paquiao.
              That's right... he fought the best in their prime & lost... unlike other fighters that dodge until threat is Gone & stay undefeated... Plus margarito is a disgrace to boxing for being a cheater... had the best chin at welter but shat on his career for cheating & lost his super power when got caught.

Comment

I like Cotto but Gennady knocks him clean out.

Comment

Sanchez would be better saying Golovkin could struggle against Cotto if he ever wants him to land the fight. If they were ever considering taking the bout scaring them off with bravado probably not the best idea.

Comment

i totally concur with able sanchez cotto would not hear the bell for the end of the 5th round cotto is a pretender at middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
                      i totally concur with able sanchez cotto would not hear the bell for the end of the 5th round cotto is a pretender at middleweight
                      Wait didnt Rosado who is a class D fighter last 7 rounds with GGG??

But yet you think Cotto wont last 5 rounds??

Sure.....

Comment

Working...
                      X