No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Burns Outworks, Outlands Katsidis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Burns Outworks, Outlands Katsidis

Michael Katsidis out-thrown? Yes, Ricky Burns averaged 84 punches per round, landing 18 per round to Katsidis’ 80 per round (landed 16). They combined to throw 1975 total punches, landing 417. Burns was more efficient with his power shots and averaged 46 jabs thrown per round.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by Medved View Post
    Watch the fight without sound, UK Commentators were making it sound like Burns was doing something impressive, he was lying on the ropes with his guard up and throwing 1 counter every 30 seconds.

Wait until they release CompuBox for this fight.

UK Commentators can convince the UK public to buy Oxygen. Burns isnt world class, He's got 0 power, 0 fun factor.

I rather watch a shot Katsidis fight anyday over Burns "American Style"

Hey Medved , check this out

Comment

Numbers don't lie... Burns out-worked Kats and was more accurate..

The scores were too wide, I had Burns up by 3 rounds, but it was the right result and nobody can deny it...

Like him or not, Burns has had two quality wins in the last 14 months over undefeated Martinez and now Katsidis. He had a few weak defences of his previous title but at least he stays active and is constantly improving and proving his critics wrong..

WAR BURNS!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonborn View Post
        Numbers don't lie... Burns out-worked Kats and was more accurate..

The scores were too wide, I had Burns up by 3 rounds, but it was the right result and nobody can deny it...

Like him or not, Burns has had two quality wins in the last 14 months over undefeated Martinez and now Katsidis. He had a few weak defences of his previous title but at least he stays active and is constantly improving and proving his critics wrong..

WAR BURNS!
        Burns and Warren are *****es, they pulled out of the Broner fight because they know Broner would have toyed with Burns. I doubt Burns or Warren will chase after a Brandon Rios fight anytime soon. They feel like stealing the uk fans money.

Comment

burns will fight better opposition next year.. i doubt rios stays at 135 for much longer anyway... maybe 1 more fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonborn View Post
            burns will fight better opposition next year.. i doubt rios stays at 135 for much longer anyway... maybe 1 more fight.
            Thats very convenient for Warren and Burns that the best fighter at 135 is leaving soon. Jesus christ Warren and Burns are so intelligent. They moved to a division that is losing the good fighters in it.

When I look at fighters like Burns and Alvarez, I can't have much respect for either of them because their careers look like they took the safest route possible by avoiding threats in my own personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
              Thats very convenient for Warren and Burns that the best fighter at 135 is leaving soon. Jesus christ Warren and Burns are so intelligent. They moved to a division that is losing the good fighters in it.

When I look at fighters like Burns and Alvarez, I can't have much respect for either of them because their careers look like they took the safest route possible by avoiding threats in my own personal opinion.
              burns was a huge underdog to rocky martinez. . . although martinez probably was overrated, he still had to take the hard road to get that fight. . .

he's not like canelo, who has been guided from day one. . . he had to take risks as being an underdog to win that title and get his name out. . . now that he has some name value, he will probably do what every other boxer does and make calculated decisions. . . I like Canelo and think he's a lot better than some people give him credit for, though. He will prove himself against the best competition in the next few fights. . .

Comment

Obviously people like Legend are ignorant about boxers outside of the USA. Burns was a good domestic talent when he lost to Arthur and Johanneson some years ago.

He fought mediocre opponents until out of nowhere he gets a title fight against undefeated, well rated, Roman Martinez.

4 months earlier Burns had beaten tough journeyman Al Hamidi after being out of the ring for a year. No one expected Burns to win, it was a huge shock. The fact he just beat away a legitimate challenger for his belt proves his worth.

Burns was always a good boxer he just lacked the power. Never did I think he'd become a world champion though. He's not gifted with bags of talent, he's worked very hard for this. He'll be kept away from Rios/Broner, rightly so, he'll be put in with good world level competition before he loses his title.

I hope he fights DeMarco though.

Comment

Burns surprised me w/the ease in which he handled Katsidis...congrats and get him to the US...

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                    Obviously people like Legend are ignorant about boxers outside of the USA. Burns was a good domestic talent when he lost to Arthur and Johanneson some years ago.

He fought mediocre opponents until out of nowhere he gets a title fight against undefeated, well rated, Roman Martinez.

4 months earlier Burns had beaten tough journeyman Al Hamidi after being out of the ring for a year. No one expected Burns to win, it was a huge shock. The fact he just beat away a legitimate challenger for his belt proves his worth.

Burns was always a good boxer he just lacked the power. Never did I think he'd become a world champion though. He's not gifted with bags of talent, he's worked very hard for this. He'll be kept away from Rios/Broner, rightly so, he'll be put in with good world level competition before he loses his title.

I hope he fights DeMarco though.

Great post, couldn't agree more with all your points. Burns is an example of reasonable ability with 100% dedication. Burns loves the sport and has already achieved more than he expected. Just listen to the guy, he is as genuine as they come, dedicates himself, respects all of his opponents and says he will continue boxing as long as he can. He does everything in the right manner and now is being rewarded in the ring.

Wins another world title and he could well be our (Scotlands) greatest ever boxer.

When I cheered on Alex Arthur all those years ago in their bout I'd never have expected Burns to achieve what he has. Full props to Burns.

Comment

Working...
                    X