Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avenging losses...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's a big fight and it's close like morales vs Barrera or oscar-Shane, them yes a rematch is important, but sometimes a guy has your number like rigo-donaire, or manny hatton,, and a rematch isn't as important

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Immediate rematches seem like a thing of the past. I thought Mares was showing the marks of a throwback fighter when he was pushing for a Gonzalez rematch right away, but that proved to be BS.
      That's kind of unfair Mares has made a living on beating all different sorts of fighters but came up against a guy Gonzo who is taller,longer can move n box w/1 punch KO power whos weakness punch resistance isn't your strongsuit plus he's sparred with and knows him well.

It's a terrible match-up and he seems to have realized this I won't critic him for not taking the fight , sometimes a guy is just all-wrong.

Comment

Definitely something every fighter should do imo, but the annoying thing is that it still leaves the opponent 1-1 on the record.

Comment

I think it depends on the bigger picture. It depends on the situation on weather or not a guy rematches someone I guess. Like if an up and coming fighter loses out of the blue, he can move on and take different paths coz his career is still young. Khan losing to Prescott for example. He 'should' have rematched him in some peoples eyes but the fact he didn't won't affect his career really. Another scenario is Lennox Lewis...He beat everyone he fought but he lost a couple too, so revenge was a pretty big part of his record in that respect.

Imagine Marciano lost a fight in his first 10 fights or so and didn't rematch the guy and his career continued into what it was, no one would hold it against him, but if he lost one of his last 10 fights and didn't rematch the guy, it would constantly be mentioned about him. I think vengeance is something that should be attempted when necessary, but it's impact on careers can vary I guess.

Comment

Working...
          X