Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naazim Richardson: "This fight is Shane's Buster Douglas vs. Mike Tyson moment"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naazim Richardson: "This fight is Shane's Buster Douglas vs. Mike Tyson moment"

By Percy Crawford | April 18, 2011

Although three-division world champion Shane Mosley has found himself playing the underdog role before, trainer Naazim Richardson informs us that the 7-1 odds and the lack of respect that Mosley has received from critics in the media regarding his upcoming showdown with Manny Pacquiao are still bothering the future Hall of Famer to some degree. "There have been days where I really have to put it in his head that odds and media predictions don't mean anything. It really bothers him when he reads some of that stuff," Richardson stated in a brief conversation with FightHype.com. To motivate his start pupil, Richardson is comparing this fight to one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.

"I told Shane this fight is his Buster Douglas versus Mike Tyson moment. You knock this dude out and all will be forgiven. Fans and media will forgive him for a few bad performances, his Aunt's will forgive him for when he spilled grape juice on the couch as a kid, and his 3rd grade teacher will forgive him for the test he failed back in the day," Richardson commented with a chuckle. "He just has to do what we know he's capable of doing and pull off this upset and I promise you all will be forgiven."

Aside from the comparisons to Douglas vs. Tyson, Richardson also reminded Shane that he's been in this position before, citing his 2009 clash with Antonio Margarito. Despite being the betting underdog, Mosley easily dominated Margarito from pillar to post before ultimately stopping him in the 9th round, proving to naysayers who had written him off that he still has a lot of fight left in him.

From fight hype

Man the way these past few weeks been going i can't even call it.

If Shane win this fight I'm going to be sick.

Comment

I would love it if Shane somehow won this won, but I just can't see it, at all.

Comment

At least Nazeem is optimistic.

I won't completely write off Shane, but Pac won't slack off like Tyson did in preparation for the Douglas fight.

Shane's chances are slim to none.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          By Percy Crawford | April 18, 2011

Although three-division world champion Shane Mosley has found himself playing the underdog role before, trainer Naazim Richardson informs us that the 7-1 odds and the lack of respect that Mosley has received from critics in the media regarding his upcoming showdown with Manny Pacquiao are still bothering the future Hall of Famer to some degree. "There have been days where I really have to put it in his head that odds and media predictions don't mean anything. It really bothers him when he reads some of that stuff," Richardson stated in a brief conversation with FightHype.com. To motivate his start pupil, Richardson is comparing this fight to one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.

"I told Shane this fight is his Buster Douglas versus Mike Tyson moment. You knock this dude out and all will be forgiven. Fans and media will forgive him for a few bad performances, his Aunt's will forgive him for when he spilled grape juice on the couch as a kid, and his 3rd grade teacher will forgive him for the test he failed back in the day," Richardson commented with a chuckle. "He just has to do what we know he's capable of doing and pull off this upset and I promise you all will be forgiven."

Aside from the comparisons to Douglas vs. Tyson, Richardson also reminded Shane that he's been in this position before, citing his 2009 clash with Antonio Margarito. Despite being the betting underdog, Mosley easily dominated Margarito from pillar to post before ultimately stopping him in the 9th round, proving to naysayers who had written him off that he still has a lot of fight left in him.

From fight hype
          C'mon Nazim... Pac is not Tyson

Comment

The diffrence between Mike Tyson and Manny Pacquiao is Pacquiao is trainning his ass off while Tyson was out there getting laid and drunk. It think Richardson needs to wake up to reality unless he's injecting Sugar Shane with EPO Roids on a daily basis

Comment

oh no even his trainer is under-rating Pac ..........dayum

Comment

If and only if they fight in Japan.

Comment

That would absolutely make my boxing year if Pacman gets Berto'd for cherrypicking.

Comment

At least they're being realistic. I'll be hoping for the upset.

Comment

Working...
                    X