Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Gennady Golovkin deserving of being in the top 10 P4P now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    King most knowledgeable fans think MW is a very weak division. So him beating a top 5 MW is not like beating a top 5 crusier or ww (not to mention the lower weights)when the discussion of p4p comes up.

Besides, tunney's point was GGG wins impressively. How a fight ends is not something I use to rank a p4p fighter. Wins and losses against quality competition.

There is no way you can argue GGG's wins-however impressive-are all the quality of a top 10 p4p fighter.
    oh so NOW it's a weak division. this is the same excuse you haters use against wlad to discredit his ATGness and honestly it's pathetic.

feel ashamed of yourself.

hater.

Comment

King most knowledgeable fans think MW is a very weak division. So him beating a top 5 MW is not like beating a top 5 crusier or ww (not to mention the lower weights)when the discussion of p4p comes up.

Besides, tunney's point was GGG wins impressively. How a fight ends is not something I use to rank a p4p fighter. Wins and losses against quality competition.

There is no way you can argue GGG's wins-however impressive-are all the quality of a top 10 p4p fighter.

Who would he have to beat for you to rate him P4P? (besides Ward)

Anyone in particular? Or would you only rate him P4P if he moves up and beats Ward?

Comment

Solely based on potential and perceived skills, yes he definitely is. If you go by resume, hell no.

Comment

I think P4P list is about the recent resumes not on fantasies, so while I think that Golovkin is the best middleweight based on his resume he's still not P4P top 10.

Comment

Im a fan of GGG. I like the hype. But hes got to step up the opposition. Geale dont get you there.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Solely based on potential and perceived skills, yes he definitely is. If you go by resume, hell no.
              I think this is the best post and sums up everything fairly.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                Who would he have to beat for you to rate him P4P? (besides Ward)

Anyone in particular? Or would you only rate him P4P if he moves up and beats Ward?
                I think the next best step is a short money fight in England against froch, a legit p4p fighter, puts him there.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                  oh so NOW it's a weak division. this is the same excuse you haters use against wlad to discredit his ATGness and honestly it's pathetic.

feel ashamed of yourself.

hater.
                  Calling me a hater doesn't refute the point I made. NSB as a collective thinks MW is a weak division considering The fact the lineal champ has 1 MW fight (not at 160) the next best MW has KO'd 17 straight guys they don't really know and the 3rd best is Quillin.

have some integrity-your alt argued vehemently against Canelo as a top 10 p4p fighter (as did I) when he was undefeated. His resume was just about same if not better than GGG's is now. SO why is GGG there but not Canelo.
                  Last edited by The Big Dunn; 07-29-2014, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I think the next best step is a short money fight in England against froch, a legit p4p fighter, puts him there.
                    If he were to stay at 160 and clean it out first (unify with Soliman, Cotto, Quillin) would that put him P4P or do you think the only way is to move up and beat one of the top 168lbers?

Comment

You know, thats really debatable. I don't even know which way to go on this question.

It depends on which pound for-pound rating you go with, then you have to look at his resume and speculate his potential. I think its safe to say that GGG has a Tyson esque mystique, so his potential is through the roof. Even though he has had some great wins, he needs to step up the competition if possible (which is tough because he's already beating former world champions).

One way to answer this question is to fight and beat a top 10 pound-for-pound fighter. Another way is to unify the middleweight titles (which is probably a promotional nightmare).

According to the Ring Magazines top 10 as of July 2014(which I do not agree with), Canelo is #10.hint hint!!!!!
                      Last edited by BoxingLaw; 07-29-2014, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X