Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best Fight in Boxing is a Blown Up Welterweight vs a 38yr Old MW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

watch how floyd fan boys enable mayweather's ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
      Martinez is not a JMW. He hasn't been one for the past 8 fights now. Time to move on NSB. This is getting pathetic.

Anyone who says this is the best fight boxing right now is an idiot. Floyd at 160? Get real.

Martinez at 154 is even more far fetched.
      What does Floyd do after Guerrero? Fight a totally undeserving (he is as of now) Canelo? Fight Alexander or Bradley?

Sergio gives him the most money after Canelo, is widely considered to be a top 5 P4P fighter, and is around the same age. The fight would be very marketable.

Martinez weighed in at 157 before the Macklin fight and did not look like some stick as say someone like a Chavez does. I realize he is a lot older than Chavez and it may require the loss of some muscle, but it isn't absolutely ridiculous. As long as Sergio gets the amount of time (he suggested around a year) to lose the weight in a healthy manner then I have no problem with the fight. Maybe he can't do it, but he says he can especially if you give him time. Obviously, a catch weight of around 150 would be kind of ridiculous, but it would ultimately be Sergio's choice. It's very possible if he is given time he may not be as physically strong, but could at least become accustomed to fighting at the weight.

It's no walk in the park, but I could see it.

We'll probably never know unless Floyd or Canelo (he should come up to 157 at least since he weighs the same as Martinez on fight night) offer him a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
        Watch the replay of how Pac got ktfo as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          Watch the replay of how Pac got ktfo as well.
          I watched it a thousand times.

Beautiful right hand by JMM, what a great fight for boxing fans.

So whats up with floyds tweets lately?

Comment

Martinez doesn't offer the most money. He offers to give Floyd the bigger percentage of purse. The problem is that as much dedicated boxing fans like Martinez, the general public doesn't. Martinez fights don't get great ticket sales or tv viewer ratings.

Comment

Ducking a guy fighting 2 divisions higher huh lmao

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
                Ducking a guy fighting 2 divisions higher huh lmao
                Mayweather cotto was at 147? no?

learn how to count, stay in school.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus Molecules View Post
                  Martinez doesn't offer the most money. He offers to give Floyd the bigger percentage of purse. The problem is that as much dedicated boxing fans like Martinez, the general public doesn't. Martinez fights don't get great ticket sales or tv viewer ratings.
                  After Canelo he just may. He also gained some exposure after the Chavez fight and may very well gain more from the second clash.

Is the general public in love with Alexander, Bradley, or Trout. I have not seen that, so who would offer more money after Canelo?

Comment

Mayweather cotto was at 147? no?

learn how to count, stay in school.
                    I was talking about Martinez. Pay attention, god damn.

Comment

No need for Floyd to fight Martinez. Just wait for Martinez to get KO'ed and the demand for the fight will go away.

Comment

Working...
                      X