No announcement yet.

Heredia secretly working with 9 world champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    It seems strange that this guy has such a low profile in boxing generally, if he is in fact the conditioning coach of choice for 9 elite fighters.

If that large a cohort of world class fighters is using this one guy for their conditioning work, it seems probably that there would have been more stories on what makes him such a top trainer.

I'm not saying it proves anything, just that it is somewhat unusual.
    Yeah but you said he can't be that good of a conditioning coach. What's that based on?

Comment

It seems strange that this guy has such a low profile in boxing generally, if he is in fact the conditioning coach of choice for 9 elite fighters.

If that large a cohort of world class fighters is using this one guy for their conditioning work, it seems probably that there would have been more stories on what makes him such a top trainer.

I'm not saying it proves anything, just that it is somewhat unusual.
      So he didn't do a good job for Marquez in the third Pacquiao fight? I would assume that's how he gain recognition. Remember almost everyone thought Marquez was going to get KOd or at the very least he did much better than people anticipated.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Yeah but you said he can't be that good of a conditioning coach. What's that based on?
        As I said, it's based on my being suspicious that he could be that big a figure in conditioning coaching in boxing and not have a higher profile.

In cycling, when such clustering of athletes around conditioning experts with a history of steroid distribution occurred, they generally turned out to be doping rings.

Comment

The interesting thing is how people think he's doing all this in the dark. No, he just doesn't talk to media...most strength and conditioning coaches don't. The fact that he's working with nine champions indicates that he is very well-known. People didn't know who Alex Ariza was until he began running his mouth with Pacquiao. But it turns out he'd been in the sport for years, working with the likes of Morales and Corrales.

Comment

Who cares? how many strength and conditioning coaches do we actually even know about?

people are paranoid these days. ......and define "world champions" please. not that hard to pick up a paper title these days.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              http://maxboxing.com/news/promo-lead...amation-suits-

It bothers me that there are 9 world champions out there who aren't public about working with Heredia more than them working with Heredia itself.

He works in Mexico, right? So who are the current Mexican champions?

you'd keep this a secret only if you are cheating.

there is no other explanation that i'm aware of.

why the hell would you keep the fighters you work with a secret if you are a legitimate conditioning coach?

S and C coaches are pretty much the only ones bringing the PED's into boxing, according to freddie roach. i believe him.

Comment

As I said, it's based on my being suspicious that he could be that big a figure in conditioning coaching in boxing and not have a higher profile.

In cycling, when such clustering of athletes around conditioning experts with a history of steroid distribution occurred, they generally turned out to be doping rings.
                A bigger figure? How? You mean media-wise? How would that help him? He's working with nine champs already--it's safe to say people in boxing know him.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  The interesting thing is how people think he's doing all this in the dark. No, he just doesn't talk to media...most strength and conditioning coaches don't. The fact that he's working with nine champions indicates that he is very well-known. People didn't know who Alex Ariza was until he began running his mouth with Pacquiao. But it turns out he'd been in the sport for years, working with the likes of Morales and Corrales.
                  Team members for all top fighters will have had some small interview (or at least some quote) at some point in the lead up to some fight or other. You would certainly expect a guy who works with 9 world champions concurrently to have had some media coverage.

In any case, if you can point to the other conditioning trainers that are working with 9 world champions at the same time, then please go ahead. I'd love to see the basis for your view that this is quite typical and perfectly normal.

Comment

Team members for all top fighters will have had some small interview (or at least some quote) at some point in the lead up to some fight or other. You would certainly expect a guy who works with 9 world champions concurrently to have had some media coverage.

In any case, if you can point to the other conditioning trainers that are working with 9 world champions at the same time, then please go ahead. I'd love to see the basis for your view that this is quite typical and perfectly normal.
                    define world champions please. i highly HIGHLY doubt they are the major champions, probably just WBF intercontinental silver champions

not hard to pick up paper titles these days. hes probably using that term VERY loosely

Comment

You mean like this maxboxing article quoting Heredia in the days leading up to his fighter's match? Umm ok.

Comment

Working...
                      X