Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dream Team is overrated! No way that they can beat the USA Olympic team today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
    Did you read the part when I said healthy?

I agree he is overrated, but are you expecting a healthy Wade to be shut down?
    As a guard, Wade has never been able to handle the ball. He can't even dribble by himself with no one around him without somewhat losing track of the ball. He's most effective as a slasher. Meaning when he gets the ball around the 3 point line he is most effective.

But against the Dream Team, he'll be handling the ball outside the 3 point line and bringing the ball up the court, which would almost guarantee either a turnover or his team won't be able to get into their offense due to the pressure Jordan, Drexler and Pippen would apply.

A healthy Wade would be a non factor. Like I said, I've seen a healthy Wade hit the side of the backboard on many shots and throw up airballs on many shots lol.

Wade is very effective against average NBA players, but we're talking about NBA all defense team players in Pippen, Jordan and Drexler. It would be a no go. Trust me.

Comment

Love MJ to death but what he did to Isiah was a b1tch move.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. SMILEY View Post
        The interesting thing to me is, that it doesn't matter. I don't care if the worst combination of (11 hall of famers) players were on the court. They should never lose to the college players. I don't care if Michael Jordan sit out most of the game. With the rest of this squad you shouldn't need the best player in the world. Because you have the 2nd-11th best players in the world still on the team. I don't care if the game was ref'ed unfairly. They should not have lost.
        It's a team sport. If you take the 11 best players in the world who have never worked as a team before and put them up against lesser talent who HAVE played as a team then the all-stars are going to lose.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
          Love MJ to death but what he did to Isiah was a b1tch move.
          No one on the team liked Isiah, no one.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
            No one on the team liked Isiah, no one.
            Maybe.

But Jordan was the one who went to Chuck and co. and basically made them choose.

I bet Chuck would have just laughed at Mullin and told him to GTFO if he pulled that ****.

I don't even like Isiah myself but I thought he deserved to go.
            Last edited by sigrab; 07-14-2012, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Durant would be a matchup nightmare for anybody on that dream team. At 6'11", He'd be able to shoot over Pippen easily.

Jordan vs Kobe
              Magic vs LeBron
              Bird vs Durant
              Barkley vs Melo

Fun matchups.

Comment

The interesting thing to me is, that it doesn't matter. I don't care if the worst combination of (11 hall of famers) players were on the court. They should never lose to the college players. I don't care if Michael Jordan sit out most of the game. With the rest of this squad you shouldn't need the best player in the world. Because you have the 2nd-11th best players in the world still on the team. I don't care if the game was ref'ed unfairly. They should not have lost.
                It was a scrimmage/exhibition, not a real game.

Have you ever played basketball or tried out for a team?

The first few days are tryouts. After the coaches select their team, they try different lineups against each other. After they have somewhat of an "idea" on who plays the best with who, they scrimmage to test the waters.

It's kind of like building a car then after you think it's finished, you take it for a test drive to see what additional kinks need to get taken care of. Or do you think you build a car then as soon as it's done you take it to the Daytona 500? No, you take it for a few laps around the track to see what needs fixing.

The same thing with a scrimmage/exhibition. The coaches are looking for who plays good with who and what's a good combination for a 5 man lineup. That's it. Why do you think the U.S team went on to beat the college players by 70 points in the next game?

I'm not sure you ever played basketball. It's kind of like when boxers spar. Basketball players scrimmage. Simple as that. It doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                  Durant would be a matchup nightmare for anybody on that dream team. At 6'11", He'd be able to shoot over Pippen easily.

Jordan vs Kobe
                  Magic vs LeBron
                  Bird vs Durant
                  Barkley vs Melo

Fun matchups.
                  Is Durant able to shoot over Lebron at will?

Comment

Just for further clarification, Coach K himself said Chuck Daily and Co. threw the game. Meaning the Dream Team let them win.

Or do you not believe Coach K himself?

Comment

The only way the 012 Dream Team would win is by flopping which they prolly would do.

Comment

Working...
                      X