No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Guillermo Rigondeaux Will Remain With Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Guillermo Rigondeaux Will Remain With Top Rank

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum has advised BoxingScene.com that WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (10-0, 8KOs) has agreed to an 18 month extension of his promotional contract.

[Click Here To Read More]

Well so much for that big offer from GBP...

Comment

I think Arum pulled some serious strings to have the fight happen this time.

Bribing judges is not cheap.

Comment

The good news is that it at least makes Rigo vs. Donaire a possibility in the future. Even though it may be a small one provided that Donaire wants to give Rigo a chance or if some other fighter doesn't come along and beat either of them.

Comment

I remember a while back people were saying Rigo wouldn't re-sign with Toprank en less he was promised a fight with Donaire. I wonder if that fight is promised in his new contract.

Comment

Originally posted by ToPRaNK View Post
            I remember a while back people were saying Rigo wouldn't re-sign with Toprank en less he was promised a fight with Donaire. I wonder if that fight is promised in his new contract.
            From a fight fan's perspective I really hope so. That's a pick em type fight right there. The kind of fight fans should want to see.

Comment

The good news is that Rigo is going to be fighting, that is what we want from Top Rank.
              Nonito vs Rigo can be an excelent fight in a Pacman vs/or Mayweather event.

Comment

Im not sure I like this move by Rigo. Top Rank has been moving Rigo real slow as far as opposition level is concerned.

Comment

I would love to know what Rigo's new contract looks like. Word was that Golden Boy presented him a much better deal than his old Top Rank agreement. Arum obviously must've topped GBP's offer. TR must have a much higher opinion of Guillermo now if they bent over as far as they did. They granted him a 50k raise (over the initial 100k) that he was getting to fight Marroquin, after Hyde kicked up a fuss. Hopefully there's more to come in the form of more and bigger fights. Congratulations to "El Chacal."

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Im not sure I like this move by Rigo. Top Rank has been moving Rigo real slow as far as opposition level is concerned.
                    I'm good with it. I don't see why Top Rank should work so hard to keep Rigondeaux if they're not going to try and make money off of him. And the way you make money off of fighters is by having them fight big fights. Any ideas to the contrary are pure speculation, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                    X