Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime 147 Felix Trinidad vs 147 Floyd Mayweather Jr. Who takes it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if trinidad isnt completely outclassed with the boxing i think he'd stop mayweather

the problem is that lesser boxers than floyd were able to outbox trinidad, in wright, hopkins, and de la hoya.
    hopkins, wright, and de la hoya, all had great chins and were bigger men than mayweather, allowing them to hang with a puncher like trinidad

i'm not sure that floyd can take his gas. i tend to doubt that he could. if a fading shane mosley can rock your world, you've got to figure that felix trinidad would finish the job.

i'd say it's a competitive fight, with floyd probably losing via stoppage.

Comment

I have always liked Trinidad, but I think Floyd would have beaten him very handily had they came along in the same era and fought. Trinidad's biggest assets were his power and his ability to put combinations together and both of these would have been almost completely neutralized had he stepped into the ring with a man who is perhaps the greatest defensively skilled boxer that has ever lived. I thought De La Hoya looked like a boxing genius against Tito and should have won 116-112. Floyd is and has always been much better at every aspect of boxing than Oscar. I see Floyd just countering him over and over again and winning almost every round. Tito would try his best, but skills pay the bills and I think that Floyd would just be far too clever and skillful for him.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
        Let's not forget that Hopkins was an undercover Light heavy when he fought Oscar and Tito. Winky was also too big for Tito and on top of that, he was DRAINED in that fight and could no longer make 154. Nobody Tito's size could take his punches for twelve rounds. And guess what? Floyd would get hit and get hit often. Tito's work-rate would have been too much for the smaller Floyd to handle. He gets too much credit here. His resume is very questionable and he plays with Boxing. I don't respect fighters like that. Tito IS Boxing and that's the difference between Floyd and all the greats before him.

You hit the nail on the head. I completely agree. Tito by ud or stoppage.

Comment

Felix "Tito" Trinidad knocks him out in the 6 round...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            if trinidad isnt completely outclassed with the boxing i think he'd stop mayweather

the problem is that lesser boxers than floyd were able to outbox trinidad, in wright, hopkins, and de la hoya.
            hopkins, wright, and de la hoya, all had great chins and were bigger men than mayweather, allowing them to hang with a puncher like trinidad

i'm not sure that floyd can take his gas. i tend to doubt that he could. if a fading shane mosley can rock your world, you've got to figure that felix trinidad would finish the job.

once again another great post by Mr.England...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

does the fact that floyd was able to take such a huge shot and then another, and then recover and score on shane before the round was finish say anything about his stamina and toughness?

Comment

Trinidad got made to look foolish by Oscar and struggled to land any meaningful punches against him, and you guys honestly think that he would not only beat, but knock out a superior boxer with much, much better defence like Floyd Mayweather? SMH. What is this based on? His win over Pernell Whitaker? Who was at the end of his career, hadn't fought in over a year and was probably on drugs too. I know that a lot of you hate Floyd and spend a lot of your time expressing that, but there's no need to be so ignorant. And I like Trinidad, I really do, but if you can't overcome De La Hoya's movement and boxing skills then you are definitely not going to be able to beat Floyd Mayweather. Who is much better than Oscar. It would be Mayweather-Mosley all over again. Floyd's skills and ring intelligence would just completely befuddle him.
                Last edited by JK1700; 09-14-2012, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  does the fact that floyd was able to take such a huge shot and then another, and then recover and score on shane before the round was finish say anything about his stamina and toughness?
                  Did Mosley gas right after??

Did a prime Tito fade at 147.

Comment

Titos too clumbsy for Floyd. Floyd would box circles around him. Not a competitve fight at all. Floyd wins 12 rounds to 0.

Comment

floyd embarasses tito. he is one of the most overrated fighters of all time. i like big punchers as much as the next guy, but cmon .. tito is not on the same level as a mayweather. he doesnt have enough speed or the ring iq to apply his power on a master defender like floyd. sweat pea was past it when he fought tito... get over it.

Comment

Working...
                      X