• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still remember gbp putting Bhop vs Dawson on PPV lmao

Comment

lol mannny made gb lean back

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
        Schaefer doing the mature thing; Bob Arum stepped aside from Dec. 1st 'out of respect for Cotto.' Schaefer basically saying the same thing....not that I'm much inclined to believe either man's reasoning (as a single reason), but it's better for boxing this way.
        There's no comparison. Arum has a 10 year or more relationship with Cotto, and they're good friends. As for Schaefer, he says whatever he thinks up on short notice, and the chances of it being true are slim and none. He has so much "respect" for Manny Pacquiao all of a sudden that it's astounding. He doesn't seem to think it "strange" out that he can wipe out a complete PPV card just like that.

This is the very first time in my long association with boxing that a full PPV card appears and disappears with nobody knowing anything about it at all, nor who the boxers are.............. Nothing-except a highly intricate, elaborate explanation, which actually explains.... nothing.

Schaefer makes lying eminently respectable.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          Only reason this guy Schaefer is being respectful to Manny Pacquiao and not trying to slam him or Arum is because he no longer has Floyd Mayweather on his roster, when he had a big star like Floyd he was talking smack, now that Floyd bounced and started his own thing and has 50 cent as his promoter he doesn;t need golden boy.

Schaefer is now going to try to be on good terms with Arum because he knows he will have no other fights that will be big unless he starts co promoting with Top Rank.
          Does that mean that Mayweather doesn't give himself his own "guarantees" any more?? Will he have to actually tell the truth about his real pay for a fight?

This means that he won't ever make the Forbes Highest Sports "Earnings" again.........

Comment

ALEXANDER VS BAILEY should be co-main, not Malignaggi and a lightweight bum.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              There's no comparison. Arum has a 10 year or more relationship with Cotto, and they're good friends. As for Schaefer, he says whatever he thinks up on short notice, and the chances of it being true are slim and none. He has so much "respect" for Manny Pacquiao all of a sudden that it's astounding. He doesn't seem to think it "strange" out that he can wipe out a complete PPV card just like that.

This is the very first time in my long association with boxing that a full PPV card appears and disappears with nobody knowing anything about it at all, nor who the boxers are.............. Nothing-except a highly intricate, elaborate explanation, which actually explains.... nothing.

Schaefer makes lying eminently respectable.
              that's a very valid point...and I was speaking in general. As a matter of fact, I couldn't agree with you more - Shaefer says he did it out of respect for Pac yet most of his statement makes disparaging claims against TR/MGM for stealing a date for a potential Canelo fight no one knows about (this is becoming a very common way of thinking for the guy). And he considers his word as a written request of some sort. Schaefer is a douche, no disagreements here.

Comment

That a pretty good card if Bailey and Alexander are on it. What's not to like about four fights on regular Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
                  that's a very valid point...and I was speaking in general. As a matter of fact, I couldn't agree with you more - Shaefer says he did it out of respect for Pac yet most of his statement makes disparaging claims against TR/MGM for stealing a date for a potential Canelo fight no one knows about (this is becoming a very common way of thinking for the guy). And he considers his word as a written request of some sort. Schaefer is a douche, no disagreements here.
                  Yes, you've hit on a very good point. Arum makes announcements to keep the boxing news news rolling and from time to time he's wrong. But he always has very well laid out reasons and they can be easily followed, and sound logical. The hate he gets on these pages is completely irrational and comes from low-level mental "wrong'ways" who can
                  blame him for the war in Afghanistan.......

As for Schaefer, he thinks nothing of telling us straight out lies, with practically no finess at all, and doesn't seem to know that he's so transparent. Surprising for a man who originally was a Swiss banker. Maybe turning down loans is a lot easier than making up credible on-the-spot whoppers. Arum is on a different level, a Harvard Summa Cum Laude, and it shows.

Once upon a time, over 20 year ago, he was having a few (too many) drinks with a group of newspapermen, and he mentioned something which was, he said, "off the record". The next day at a press congerence, he said something different, and a newsman blurted out "that's not what you said last night" completely breaking the "off the record" code. . Arum, always quick on his feet quipped back, "well, I was lying yesterday, today I'm telling the truth", which was a really snappy, smart, humourous best possible answer. And they made a HUGE thing out of it, and critical fans have never let him forget it, conventiently taking it that he was a self-confessed liar, trying to commit commercial suicide. How dumb.

I also think it's a good point made that since TMT productions is open for business, and Golden Balls is no longer sure of Mayweather they have a more placatory approach to MannyP. Typical fawning bully type, either at your throat or at your feet.

Comment

Nice to hear the magic word "RESPECT"

Comment

Golden Boy benefits from Pacquaios fight

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
                      Schaefer knows who's boss. Manny.
                      Dont forget Pacquiao signed for Top Rank /Golden Boy at the same time and as part of resolving that issue with the judge, Golden Boy benefits from promotions of Pacquaios fight,so it makes sense he wont want to interfere.

Comment

Working...
                      X