Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better one-sided fight? Kirkland-Angulo or Pavlik-Miranda?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted Pavlik/Miranda.

Short memories around here.

Miranda at the time was far more feared for his punching power than either Kirkland or Angulo. He had recently busted up (as in broken bones busted up) Arthur Abraham (a 160 lb, in his prime King Arthur) so badly that AA had to spend a week in the hospital and have reconstructive surgery on his broken face. Edison ended up losing a UD that alot of folks called a robbery (it was in Germany go figure...) , but who ever busted up AA like that even at 168?

And Pavlik (a club fighter at the time. a nobody) beat him down and knocked him the **** OUT!.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
      I voted Pavlik/Miranda.

Short memories around here.

Miranda at the time was far more feared for his punching power than either Kirkland or Angulo. He had recently busted up (as in broken bones busted up) Arthur Abraham (a 160 lb, in his prime King Arthur) so badly that AA had to spend a week in the hospital and have reconstructive surgery on his broken face. Edison ended up losing a UD that alot of folks called a robbery (it was in Germany go figure...) , but who ever busted up AA like that even at 168?

And Pavlik (a club fighter at the time. a nobody) beat him down and knocked him the **** OUT!.
      yeah miranda was a true beast back then. he had a ton of hype and everyone thought he would beat taylor. this wasn't fake jeff lacy hype either. it was based on real evidence. he knocked out eastman, outboxed and nearly ko'd allan green and broke abraham's jaw and got robbed. side note that same doctor that refused to stop the abraham fight stopped the cunningham-hernandez fight based on cuts that weren't even bleeding lol!

Comment

Pavlik and Miranda are more like Light Heavyweights and they were throwing bombs. It was fought more evenly for a little longer and there was a decisive brutal KO at the end on top of that. I like that one more.

The drama of Angulo/Kirkland pretty much ended after the first round. Angulo was too weak to land anything big from there. It was a classic round in a good fight. I'd pick dozens of fights from the last few years over it.

Comment

Both were great in their own ways. Kirkland/Angulo had the more exciting moment because when James got knocked down I'm sure everyone was like, "oh ****, it's happening again". That part right there was more exciting than any moment in Pavlik/Miranda but overall Pavlik/Miranda was better. Kirkland/Angulo, more exciting moments. Pavlik/Miranda more exciting as a whole.

Comment

Working...
          X