No announcement yet.

Why is Martinez moving back down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Martinez moving back down?

I mean the middle weight is just getting hot. All these champs are finally fighting each other. It seems pretty soon we will get clarity of who is the best middle weight is.(martinez already is but there are many fighters who beg to differ) best of all all these guys has stated they want to fight each other. Why would martinez move down where i bet no one will want to fight him.

He's not.

He'll only move down if he gets a big fight with Mayweather/Cotto/Canelo.

Comment

The quote was misunderstood. It was meant to mean he would be more likely to go down to 154 than to fight Ward at 168. Not that he's 100% sure he's going to go down in weight.

I think the only 3 fights he would do at 154 would be Floyd, Canelo or Cotto.

Comment

The reason he would move down, if the right fight presents itself:

Comment

Why would he? $,$$$,$$$~ the big money guys at 154 bring way more $,$$$,$$$ than the tough guys at 160 do.

It is pretty obvious~

Comment

i think cause of cotto, canelo n floyd 3 famous fighters, he is the middleweight wbc champ so i think the wbc should make him mandatory to canelo just like they did josesito lopez cause he was the silver champ at 147

Comment

To chase smaller fighters for more cash.

Comment

Mayweather
                Cotto
                Canelo
                Lara
                Trout
                Martirosyan
                Kirkland
                Molina
                Bundrage
                Angulo
                Rodriguez

Now if you were a Middleweight that can make 154, why would you move down to 154 with a list of fighters like that? Stop thinking like a dumb boxing fan and think like any other fighter looking to get paid. that's why Martinez is moving down to 154.

160 is getting hot? Yeah, that's how weak it is. With Quillin, Golovkin, Geale, Pirog that should actually be considered as the division becoming "hot". Chavez Jr and Peter Quillin are the only two fights worth staying there for. Golovkin should try getting a couple of more top 10 wins. Fight Macklin, Geale, and beat them. Martinez had to go through Paul Williams and Kelly Pavlik, Golovkin has it easy.

Comment

Comment

Thats a classic gif from back in the day...lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X