Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there ever be an opponent Gamboa faces where he won't taunt them?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there ever be an opponent Gamboa faces where he won't taunt them?

Or is he just that great that he'll probably always get away with leaving his hands low? I think Gamboa has a good chin but one day he might fight someone where leaving your hands low is not a good thing to do. Even good chin fighters can be KO'd for doing stupid stuff. He gets away with it now because most of his opponents can't match his speed.

My brother saw him fight in atlantic city and said he was the fastest fighter he'd seen. My brother seems to like him alot, I might see Gamboa if he fights in atlantic city again because I think my brother likes him.

keeping gloves low is taunting? Or a habit?

To his credit in his recent fights he's been keeping his hands up and usually only puts his hands down when there is a large separation between he and his opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      keeping gloves low is taunting? Or a habit?

To his credit in his recent fights he's been keeping his hands up and usually only puts his hands down when there is a large separation between he and his opponent.
      I think its taunting and he wants to lure his opponents in so he can hit them. Gamboa is really a boxer I could see going undefeated, because his skills are really great. Being undefeated usually doesn't mean much but Gamboa has been beating up on good fighters and still has his 0. It's not like he is beating up on bums.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
        I think its taunting and he wants to lure his opponents in so he can hit them.
        Then what about sergio martinez? He keeps his hands down for about 95% of his fights. Gamboa at least in his last few fights has been keeping those hands up pretty high when close

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          Then what about sergio martinez? He keeps his hands down for about 95% of his fights. Gamboa at least in his last few fights has been keeping those hands up pretty high when close
          Thats definitely taunting/cockyness in Martinez aswell.

Comment

it's easier to throw your punches and draw power from it if you put your hands low that's why some fighters make it a habit. it's a bad habit but if you're athletic enough like gamboa, and of course roy jones, you can get away with it. the stupid fighter i saw who likes to put his hands low but has no right to make that a habit is victor cayo.

Comment

I don't think it's taunting. I think it's a lapse in concentration. When his hands slip down that's when he fights like he is bored.

Comment

Martinez hands are rarely above his belt line.

Gamboa is just insane, many people compare him to Tyson for some stupid reason but he reminds me of a mini Roy Jones. Extraordinary reflexes & speed, not just his hands, his footwork is ****-hot. He's the type of fighter IMO that obviously needs work but that is his style & if you change it how people keep saying, you'll ruin him as a fighter. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Everyone harps on they want to see Lopez v Gamboa but Lopez would get annihilated IMO. The fight I want to see further down the road is Gamboa vs Rigondeux

Comment

Working...
                X