No announcement yet.

1st Court Appearance of James Holmes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    That's crazy that Holmes sent a notebook containing his intent to kill large numbers of people to a psychiatrist over a week ago and it sat in the campus mailroom for days.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ege&ir=College
    ****, does this mean that Holmes has a solid case for an insanity plea?

Or all of this things might be premeditated.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
      he also told the police that his place was rigged with explosives...why would he tell them that? he didn't seem to care much when he was shooting up all those people in the theatre.. so why would he care about police officers getting hurt and possibly killed from the explosives he set up?
      Maybe he didn't really care much for saving lives but wanted his work to be admired. I.E. The explosives were "sophisticated" as the media kept pounding for days, making him look like a genius.
      Last edited by cupocity303; 07-25-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
        Your the homie mike77 but no one goes to jail for the food or housing maybe medical treatment though since i cant even see a dentist for under 100 jjust for cleaning and xrays and dudes in the pen get free dental its utter bs.
        Actually some people do, but to me this is merely one of the most compelling arguments for social safety nets. The absence of one puts a premium on crime. As you elegantly put it, this extends to the right of medical care as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
          you think the death penalty cure murder in other words.
          thats one less soul the taxpayer has to fork out for...

Comment

It's actually incredibly expensive to execute someone on average. The appeals process amounts to very high legal costs.

Comment

Working...
            X