Comments Thread For: Jermain Taylor: I Should Have Never Been at 168-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same with Pavlik and Abraham .They should have stayed at 160 as well

Comment

Taylor needs to face the fact that he needs to blame himself for those loses because he was winning that fight agains't Froch and he was winning agains't Pavlik in the first fight he is lazy when it comes to defense.He gets caught all the time with shots and it's all over I hope he does good tonight can't wait to see what he has left.

Comment

Originally posted by dstew View Post
        It's funny that you're trying to assert yourself on a subject in which you clearly have limited knowledge.

Look at all the archived weigh-in articles on this site for non-title fights, especially tune ups that don't factor into any sanctioning body's purview. You will see that MANY of them are contested at a pound or two above the division limit. Even watching smaller cards featuring up and coming prospects (ESPN, Shobox) would show you how common this is.

Just because you are just now taking notice of this practice doesn't mean that Taylor/Dirrell are guilty of anything.

And finally, Nicklow probably came in under the limit because he's a natural junior middleweight who has fought as low as 151 lbs, and he trained his ass off for this fight because he's trying to take advantage of the opportunity. Coming in a lb under the limit isn't a huge deal in the higher divisions, especially for a guy fighting up in weight.
        Your absolutely right, when it comes to fighting in a weight division and earning a ranking coming in above the weight limit is perfectly okay. Wake up, these guys are crapping on the rules and you, I wish you were in front of me so I could slap you. Were the roles reversed these wanna be divas would might have cried. I hope both these guys win cause they're good for boxing but these suckers are top tier professionals going up against cherry picked fighters. You say I'm uninformed, because I fooled on a guy who claimed he should have never left a weight division, but failed to make the weight division. LOL, I apologize i'll do my best to become informed and fall in line with Rafael's chat advice. B*t*h F*** outta here with that crap!!!!

Comment

lol he was probable the biggest guy in the super six. He and Gerald McClellan are probable the 2 hugest middleweights ever. Both were natural light heavyweights

Comment

Originally posted by Foolkiller View Post
            Your absolutely right, when it comes to fighting in a weight division and earning a ranking coming in above the weight limit is perfectly okay. Wake up, these guys are crapping on the rules and you, I wish you were in front of me so I could slap you. Were the roles reversed these wanna be divas would might have cried. I hope both these guys win cause they're good for boxing but these suckers are top tier professionals going up against cherry picked fighters. You say I'm uninformed, because I fooled on a guy who claimed he should have never left a weight division, but failed to make the weight division. LOL, I apologize i'll do my best to become informed and fall in line with Rafael's chat advice. B*t*h F*** outta here with that crap!!!!
            You can hate on Rafael all you want but that doesn't change the fact that your opinion carries zero weight, and that you don't know what you're talking about.

Nicklow himself has come in at 162 or 163 lbs in recent fights; he came in at 160.5 in his MW fight against Guerrero. Non-title fights are fought above division limits all the time, based on whatever the contract states. Stop being thick by making an issue out of something that is not.

Comment

Working...
            X