Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delvin Rodriguez: Due for a big time fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delvin Rodriguez: Due for a big time fight?

I was splendidly surprised with his total domination of Wolak. Rodriguez has been a victim of some foul breaks in his career, but he was given a chance to shine in a premier card and he didn't disappoint. Is he due for a big fight at 154? If so, against who and how would it go? War Delvin anyone?

The rundown:

Miguel Cotto--An obvious step up against Miguel Cotto and I think Rodriguez will be extremely game; for a few rounds. I can see this being a quality tune up perhaps for Miguel, with Delvin getting some exposure, but I see this as being a total KO domination in favor of Miguel. It would be fun for awhile, but not good for Rodriguez

Canelo Alvarez--I think this would be a great and winnable matchup for Delvin. Clearly, he'd be going into hostile territory with the cards stacked against him. He has the boxing ability and available power to keep Canelo honest. I think fights with Wolak is an endurance boosting type of fights that would help him against a guy who's been showing endurance issues. Good fight and winnable under neutral conditions

K9 Bundrage--If ever was there a time for Delvin to get a world title trinket, here it is. K9 packs power in his frame, but overall, power is all he has and Delvin is tough enough to absorb them and dish it out. His boxing ability is a grade or two above K9 and would carry him to victory; setting him up even further. I say that this is a good next step

James Kirkland--Kirkland is a beast, but a vulnerable beast. Delvin has enough to keep Kirkland's chin in check and he's elusive enough to avoid some of those power shots. The longer the fight goes, the better it is for Kirkland. I do believe though that Delvin has a shot, its a long shot but with a great gameplan and the toughness required when those bombs do land, big chance for an upset.

Antonio Margarito--Margarito will be back on the comeback trail after his latest set back, and if Delvin wants to add a bigger name to his resume, here it is. Delvin won't hurt Tony, but Tony can certainly hurt him and wear him down. This is a great fight for both of them that help them both out

Yuri Foreman--See above, minus Foreman having the ability to hurt him

Hopefully we can get away from the trollacious Amir Kahn threads; discuss the future of Delvin Rodriguez

I agree. I don't think he deserves the top dogs like Cotto or Alvarez, but he deserves a step up.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
      I agree. I don't think he deserves the top dogs like Cotto or Alvarez, but he deserves a step up.
      I certainly he deserves an Alvarez type of fight. I wouldn't classify him anywhere near top dog status, plus it'd represent Alvarez's toughest opponent to date, which is kinda sad when you realize that he's a title holder.

Also, Shane Mosley is attempting to make noise. I thought Mosley would show some self-respect and respect for the game and retire, but no, he's still fighting. With that being said:

Shane Mosley--Shane Mosley needs a fight, Delvin needs a fight. Delvin needs a 'big' name to boost up his status, Shane just needs a credible opponent to win against to try and score a fight with a bigger name and a title fight against the title holders. If we have to watch Shane, I hope its this. We know DLH won't let Shane anywhere near Canelo and get that pay day after the whole Pacquaio ordeal, but Arum would certainly serve him up. Make this happen, I sense a Gomez/Gatti type of outcome.

Thoughts on Delvin's future. Hope ya'll start being some fans of the sport and discuss and stop being TMZ types

Comment

im down to see Alvarez vs Rodriguez

Comment

I think Rodriguez vs anyone woudl make a war.

Comment

wanna see ... rodriguez vs. jackiewicz II

Comment

Im going against the grain here and saying k9 should get a bigtime fight before delvin.

Dude has been at it for awhile now quietly racking up wins against decent competition without the hype of tv.

I wouldnt be against them fighting each other. But I wouldnt call it a bigtime fight at all. Actually I take it back. Out of all the title holders at 54 k9's is the most legitimate.

Comment

I'd love to see Alvarez-Rodriguez. Canelo is not a top dog at 154, he hasn't beaten anyone in the top 5.

I'm not sure about this but I think Delvin's with Top Rank, no? That would make a fight against Canelo very difficult to make. Thank you, uncle Bob.

Comment

Working...
                X