Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does DLH Need to Beat PBF to Solidify His Legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
    Trinidad, Whitaker, Quartey
    He lost to Trinidad.

Whitaker was 4-5 years past his best.

Who has Quartey ever beat that made him great? Vince Phillips? lol He was just a good fighter with a great jab, but nothing spectacular.

Once again, DLH is only known for fighting the best and losing to the best. That will be his legacy unless he beats Mayweather...

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
      Even though its not on record most boxing fans know he beat Tito and got **** on by the judges because of the last three rounds and beat Mosley the second time. I think hes without a doubt one of the best of our generation and with a win over Mayweather on May 5th not a single boxing fan could deny that.
      All I go by is what it says in the record books. If we went by opinions, we could change every fighter's record. He lost to Tito. He lost to Mosley. He has never dominated an above average opponent...

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
        He lost to Trinidad.

Whitaker was 4-5 years past his best.

Who has Quartey ever beat that made him great? Vince Phillips? lol He was just a good fighter with a great jab, but nothing spectacular.

Once again, DLH is only known for fighting the best and losing to the best. That will be his legacy unless he beats Mayweather...
        His legacy will be being a 6 weight world champion and one of the greatest fighters of our generation.

Comment

All I go by is what it says in the record books. If we went by opinions, we could change every fighter's record. He lost to Tito. He lost to Mosley. He has never dominated an above average opponent...
          Well from the record books then beating the guy who is rated best p4p fighter in the world can only help towards his legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuggers1986 View Post
            His legacy will be being a 6 weight world champion and one of the greatest fighters of our generation.
            So you give him the win over Trinidad AND the win over Sturm? What a joke...

Comment

Regardless to the judges opinion, he dominated TITO...........thoroughly. I ask you, did it diminish S.R. Leonard to fight the best of his era and lose to some of them?

Comment

Originally posted by BigHeat View Post
                Regardless to the judges opinion, he dominated TITO...........thoroughly. I ask you, did it diminish S.R. Leonard to fight the best of his era and lose to some of them?
                No because Sugar Ray also won his fair share. He beat Hearns, an all-time great. He won the rematch with Duran, an all-time great. He beat Hagler, an all-time great. DLH has LOST to the best fighters he's faced...

Comment

No because Sugar Ray also won his fair share. He beat Hearns, an all-time great. He won the rematch with Duran, an all-time great. He beat Hagler, an all-time great. DLH has LOST to the best fighters he's faced...
                  I really don't know where people get this idea that Oscar dominated Tito. It could have been a draw but I think the decision was fair. Some people obviously felt Oscar won but to say it was a robbery is stretching it a bit far.

He's a very good fighter but for once I have to agree with $in - he has lost the biggest fights of his career, although should have got the decision against Mosley the second time but he should also have lost to Sturm IMO.

If he beats Mayweather (which I don't think he will) then his legacy will absolutely be vastly improved. And he has done enough to be a HoF candidate but no way is he an all time great a la Robinson, Ali, Leonard, Hearns, Hagler etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wire View Post
                    I really don't know where people get this idea that Oscar dominated Tito. It could have been a draw but I think the decision was fair. Some people obviously felt Oscar won but to say it was a robbery is stretching it a bit far.

He's a very good fighter but for once I have to agree with $in - he has lost the biggest fights of his career, although should have got the decision against Mosley the second time but he should also have lost to Sturm IMO.

If he beats Mayweather (which I don't think he will) then his legacy will absolutely be vastly improved. And he has done enough to be a HoF candidate but no way is he an all time great a la Robinson, Ali, Leonard, Hearns, Hagler etc.
                    Well, he has done enough to get into the Hall of Fame. I just don't think he is anywhere close to being mentioned in the same breath as the great fighters you mentioned. His overall resume is top notch. If you take away all the losses and controversial decisions, his resume is nothing special...

Comment

I agree with $in and The Wire. I have never really liked De la Hoya and only started to respect his fight game when he got with Mayweather Sr. because I saw an improvement in his fight game. Like the some have stated he has lost all of his big fights and in reality his resume should have some asterisk by it because Chavez and Whitaker were past they're primes when they fought De la Hoya but I would never say he wasn't a good fighter I just don't feel he is a great fighter. A big part of why he will get into the HOF is because of his popularity and mainstream appeal.

Comment

Working...
                      X