Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao is ducking Crawford.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao is a future hall of fame fighter who has fought the best for over 20 years. He has earned the right to pick and chose a little bit in his old age and last year as a pro. Horn is the number 2 ranked contender for Pacquiao's WBO world title and Crawford isn't so he has ever right to fight Horn. Horn is a fuc of a lot better than Molina who Crawford just defended his title against.

Comment

And water is wet. Everyone knows pac doesnt want to fight anymore top guys. Hes just fighting guys he can beat for paydays now.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR MIKEY! View Post
        I want to see pacquaio vs Berto, I really do.
        You might be the only one who wants to see Berto fight Pacquiao. Pacquiao is well past prime but still vastly superior to Berto who is about a number 20 contender and not a champion level fighter anymore.Horn is an up and comer while Berto is on the way out.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
          Pacquiao had six loses. Got put to sleep by a Mexian warrior. Floyd is undefeated, refers to himself and his fanboys as the best eva. Who did he fight? Berto. Best eva fighting the best.

Anyways, Pac was paid a small guarantee in his last fight, according to Arum. And I have a feeling he didn't earn a single cent. He may even have accumulated bills. He's partly to blame because of his penchant for bringing in a large contingent of friends and relatives when he fights. He feeds them, houses them for a minimum of 2 weeks. He's also all over the headlines buying $1 million worth of tickets to give away to anyone he comes in contact with. The guy have a hard time saying no.

What I'm getting from Pac is this, he wants his guarantee of $20 mil back, it doesn't matter who he fights. Arum could give him his best fighter, Crawford, King Kong, whoever. Which Arum doesn't seem to get. Don't waste his time fighting an unknown Australian fighter for $10 mil or less. It's a royal waste of his time.
          It's isn't any of my business, but I've had concern for Mr. Pacquiao because he has a hard time saying no. He has so many from so many angles to deal with. I am glad he was able to help Rolando Navarette a few years ago. I was a big fan of his back in the day and he has had a very hard road to travel after his career ended.

Comment

Pacquiao is a part time boxer. And this defence is against the #2 rated guy by the WBO...(though that means shyt really).

I think he likes the idea of fighting worldwide. As for avoiding Crawford...He wants to get paid his normal guarantee to fight him because he knows he's a big challenge.

There is nothing wrong asking for his normal guarantee. Pac doesn't need Crawford, he's 38, and a part time boxer. He just wants to get paid his normal salary to fight him. Otherwise, no.

But if not, he's ok fighting guys worldwide. I read in an article, that he actually preferred to fight Brook. But Bob already negotiated the Horn fight.

Also, Pacquiao wants a 5th fight with JMM in the Philippines later this year. lol . He wants to make a big $$$ offer to JMM to take the fight.

***..blah,...can't link to the article. for some reason. But if you google, it's out there.

Pac is a lot of things, but a ducker..never. If you followed his career..you'd know this guy is a fighter and would fight anybody.

Only thing, however, that we can complain about...is that he could be more direct and demanding in who he wants to fight. But whatever.
            Last edited by Strategic1; 01-14-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
              I read in an article, that he actually preferred to fight Brook. But Bob already negotiated the Horn fight.
              That was confirmed by Hearn and Brook. (You gotta be an idiot to believe that's an easier fight than Crawford.) And fighting in the UK is more lucrative than what Arum is offering.

I suspect Koncz is negotiating independently with other promoters, but Arum keeps getting in the way. I may be wrong, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                That was confirmed by Hearn and Brook. (You gotta be an idiot to believe that's an easier fight than Crawford.) And fighting in the UK is more lucrative than what Arum is offering.

I suspect Koncz is negotiating independently with other promoters, but Arum keeps getting in the way. I may be wrong, of course.
                Arum was quoted saying a Pac-Brook fight is possible in the Fall. Hearn confirmed the fight possibility for fall.

Arum was negotiating with Hearn directly. Or Hearn was probably first to reach out.

Not sure if Arum is genuine about it. Seems to me, he wants to make the most money out of Pac. This is likely Pac's last year and then will retire.

I expect Pac-Horn in Australia. And then there's a fight on the table for Pac against Mikhaylenko in Russia for July. Then Arum will consider Brook or Crawford for a Nov/Dec fight.
                Last edited by Strategic1; 01-14-2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

After the Mayweather fight, Pacquiao was never the same. He tried politics. He failed. He tried a comeback. He failed. Future project: "I'm a celebrity get me out of here"

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                    After the Mayweather fight, Pacquiao was never the same. He tried politics. He failed. He tried a comeback. He failed. Future project: "I'm a celebrity get me out of here"
                    "After the Mayweather fight he was the same." So how is it that he looked amazing in the Bradley fight? Pacquiao hasn't been the same since Marquez put him to sleep. Pac is already damaged goods by the time Mayweather fought him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      "After the Mayweather fight he was the same." So how is it that he looked amazing in the Bradley fight? Pacquiao hasn't been the same since Marquez put him to sleep. Pac is already damaged goods by the time Mayweather fought him.
                      Pacquiao will look amazing against Bradley even if he was 40 years old. Pacquiao is an elite fighter and even past his prime will do against just great fighters like Bradley. He's just not as happy go lucky as he used to be. The Mayweather loss took a lot out of him, he's mentally not all there now...just a zombie following Arum

Comment

Working...
                      X