Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to watching pro boxing - how do I know who won the round when I score? example

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to watching pro boxing - how do I know who won the round when I score? example

Hey guys - I'm new to watching pro boxing and am trying to figure out what I should be looking for for scoring. I'm just a little confused... are the judges (or all of you when you watch live or on tv) writing down the number of hits, blocks, etc, or is it kind of like an overall number. Like, if boxer A hits boxer B 5 jabs in a row clean to the face, but boxer B hits boxer A with two massive hits which one is better (assume boxer A was not knocked down)? I get the scoring system of 10/9 or 9/10 and -1 for knockdowns etc I'm just trying to figure out who gets the 9 who gets the 10.

For example someone recently posted the Cotto vs Mayorga fight. I watched round one which every analyst gave to Cotto but when I watched it I thought they looked pretty equal.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by yyy222 View Post

For example someone recently posted the Cotto vs Mayorga fight. I watched round one which every analyst gave to Cotto but when I watched it I thought they looked pretty equal.
      People like to give round 1 to the fighter they most likely want to see win, despite the round being even.

For example people say Mosley won the first round against Mayweather...the round was dead even, a feeling out round. But Mayweather is the villain so he lost it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        People like to give round 1 to the fighter they most likely want to see win, despite the round being even.

For example people say Mosley won the first round against Mayweather...the round was dead even, a feeling out round. But Mayweather is the villain so he lost it.
        Why you always crying about Mayweather, bro? I mean everyone agrees he won at least 10 rounds yet you're butthurt over the first round?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Why you always crying about Mayweather, bro? I mean everyone agrees he won at least 10 rounds yet you're butthurt over the first round?
          "For example someone recently posted the Cotto vs Mayorga fight. I watched round one which every analyst gave to Cotto but when I watched it I thought they looked pretty equal."

He brought up the subject of 1st rounds. What example do you want me to bring up? I would mention Amir Khan vs Presscot as an example just to make you happy because I care about you, but he couldn't even make it out of that round.

Comment

First and foremost you should be looking for who is landing the cleaner harder punches, then younshould look for effective aggression (which fighter is dictating the pace of the fight), ring generalship (which fighter is dictating where the fight takes place). Things that may make it easier to think about while watching a round is, who is fighting whose fight? And who would younrather be at the end of each round?

Comment

Working...
            X