Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cecilia Braekhus, best ever??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea who was better really. But biased as I am, I must go for Cecilia ofc, haha.

And just so I have mentioned it, long time ago on twitter, Braekhus said she would consider a fight with Laila Ali as her dreamfight. But Laila, just commented she was retired, and wasnt interested.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Is she the same woman who took Hillary Swank out of commission in Million Dollar Baby?
      That was Rijker.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        That was Rijker.
        Ah.....I knew it was one of the names mentioned in this thread. Surprised that movie doesn't get more attention when great boxing movies are talked about.

Comment

Cecilia's awsome.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
            She's better than Rijker and Wolfe!? Damn!
            NO, she's not better than Rijker, I don't think as good. A different level. Rijker fought like a man, had all the moves and all the punches, and was as tough as blazes. When we saw her she was already in her 30s and a good deal past her best, but still the best then. She chased Christy Martin all around the country for years and she wouldn't fight her. She tried to get a fight with Leila Ali, who was 4 inches taller and 35 lbs heavier. She wouldn't fight her, although she fought Martin...... Rijker spent many years as the world kick boxing champ before she ever boxed. never lost except one time, to a man.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              NO, she's not better than Rijker, I don't think as good. A different level. Rijker fought like a man, had all the moves and all the punches, and was as tough as blazes. When we saw her she was already in her 30s and a good deal past her best, but still the best then. She chased Christy Martin all around the country for years and she wouldn't fight her. She tried to get a fight with Leila Ali, who was 4 inches taller and 35 lbs heavier. She wouldn't fight her, although she fought Martin...... Rijker spent many years as the world kick boxing champ before she ever boxed. never lost except one time, to a man.
              Yeah, if she was actually as good as Rijker, I'd have heard about her by now.

Comment

Definitely the most skillful boxer I've seen in women boxing. The only thing she lacks is punching power. Had she been a big puncher she'd be the complete package. She's also very beautiful. Imagine if she was american she'd be a mainstream star now.

Comment

She is definitely getting there tough, floored Lamare with a tremendous one-punch knockdown in round 7. And wobbled Mathis momentarily also in round 7 I think it was. After she changed coach, they been working hard on increasing punching power

Comment

She might be the best. It would take a lot to top her resume.

There's a little info here:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=625797

Comment

thanks

I looked up her stats on boxrec, and as ofnow, shes fought, and won against nr 3, 5, 8, 11, 12, 13 ranked in her weightclass, and number 1 and 2 ranked in the weightclass above. Myriam Lamare was ranked nr 2 when they meet, but have retired and is gone from the ranks now.

Braekhus seems like the top dog for sure

Comment

Working...
                      X