Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the media is trying to glamourise cocaine?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    I dont think Wolf of wall street glamorises drug use. The excess is so much it was sickening and they are all total *******s.
    If anyone watches it and thinks doing drugs is fun, i would suggest they arent very smart to begin with.

What references to coke were i the Simpsons?
    That's why i said cocaine.

You can't tell me Matthew McConaughey wasn't the coolest person on the planet in that restaurant scene welcoming DiCaprio.

It was like the holy grail when he found that little vial of cocaine to pull him round after he overdosed on those pills.

Funny **** though.

There were a quite a few instances on the Simpsons one being cocaine being visible on a tray with lines out in one scene of a 'celebrity'.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      it's cooked with baking soda in water, dog. you stir it, and it turns it from a powder into a crystal.

crack is by definition less potent than pure cocaine. per gram, there's less actual cocaine. i'm not a chemist, but i'm led to believe that the structures in the chemical are rearranged during the cooking process. you're introducing water, and some sort of "base" like baking soda.

the high is intense, but fleeting.
      Less potent? I don't think so - one you are smoking, one you are snorting. One hit's the brain and one hit's the blood stream. I have never smoked crack but I have never seen anybody selling their ass for ten dollars worth of coke either.

Comment

Originally posted by genco View Post
        Less potent? I don't think so - one you are smoking, one you are snorting. One hit's the brain and one hit's the blood stream. I have never smoked crack but I have never seen anybody selling their ass for ten dollars worth of coke either.

i think you're talking about trying to quantify a level of ****edupness, which isn't an exact science.

crack highs are reportedly quite quick. i don't use and have never used cocaine. anecdotally, i can say that i've seen it plenty, and the quality cocaine usually effects people for a while.

crack is obviously less potent lb for lb than pure cocaine. it's cut with baking soda [or some other base] explicitly.

who is selling that ass for $10? i'm feeling a bit thirsty this weekend, i won't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
          Actually the Bolivian was snorted off his ****, but let's not get caught up in the particulars.
          Must spread more Karma around, you cheeky ****.

Comment

It's always been glamourised by Hollywood because it's always been a Hollywood drug.

Comment

i think you're talking about trying to quantify a level of ****edupness, which isn't an exact science.

crack highs are reportedly quite quick. i don't use and have never used cocaine. anecdotally, i can say that i've seen it plenty, and the quality cocaine usually effects people for a while.

crack is obviously less potent lb for lb than pure cocaine. it's cut with baking soda [or some other base] explicitly.

who is selling that ass for $10? i'm feeling a bit thirsty this weekend, i won't lie.
              you don't want those stanky asses. beleeeee dat!

I am exaggerating about the money. But I am in one of the larger cities in North America and I used to see it all the time.

Comment

and really a line of coke lasts a short time as well. do a line and for many, 20 minutes later you're running to the stall to do another one. lol.

Comment

I really don't think The Wolf of Wall street made cocaine or the drugs he used look glamorous...I think it looked like just a part of Wolf's demise.

Comment

I did both coke and crack years ago several times.
                    And crack hits you almost instantly. I think the instant intensity is what makes it so addictive.
                    Maybe thats why the crackheads sell their ass for $10. Powder is messy, more expensive and slower.

Comment

meh, everyone does it. These days I've seen alot more people do coke than smoke weed

I've noticed alot more at clubs, the bathrooms are more coke friendly. Sometimes they'll have a little rectangle tray on top of the toiletpaper dispenser.. for the stuff.

Even at home get togethers...if you ever catch someone coming out of a bathroom rubbing his nose dangling his keys, then you know..

Comment

Working...
                      X