No announcement yet.

Mayweather/Pac, Margarito, JuanMa/Marquez, Cotto/Chavez, JMM, and Caballero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather/Pac, Margarito, JuanMa/Marquez, Cotto/Chavez, JMM, and Caballero

I decided to just make one thread with all the topics I wanted to talk about instead of flooding the forum with my crap lol.

Who was the real winner of the Mayweather-Pacquiao debacle?

Nobody.

Everyone came out looking worse in the end.

Mayweather Jr came out looking like a duck. Pacquiao came out looking suspicious of doping.

But the real losers are us, the fans. We were cheated out of this fight. A damn shame that niether of these two divas could just give in just a little bit for their fans. What's worse is the people defending these two to the death, when neither Pacquiao or Mayweather know or care who they are.

Antonio Margarito

Despite, being denied in California, I'm pretty sure strings will be pulled and he'll get a license in TX. I highly doubt Marquez, who is one of my favorite fighters, will get his shot at Pacquiao. There's just too many factors. You have GBP and Top Rank doing business, you have Marquez asking for 50/50 and OST. I just don't see it happening, but hopefully I'm wrong. I love Marquez and would like to see him get his well deserved shot.

JuanMa Lopez vs Rafa Marquez

Last I read, the fight is not going to be canceled only postponed. As expected Celestino Caballero has stepped up to the plate if Rafa can't fight.

I think it was ridiculous he suggested he get paid what Marquez or Lopez were going to make. The fight was a PR vs Mex fight marketed around Mexico's indepence day.

That said, that doesn't mean there isn't money in this fight. I like JuanMa but there's no reason to not fight Caballero. There's money in that fight. Just based on JML's popularity alone there's money to be made. Why? Because if you're a fan of Juan Manuel Lopez, you KNOW who Celestino Caballero is and you know what he's been saying. Not to mention the entire boxing community knows the story behind this.

What baffles me is I really do think Lopez is a much better fighter than Caballero. Caballero is a big puncher, but I really do think Lopez would finish him and I don't know why he keeps ducking him. I know alot of it has to do with Arum, but c'mon.

The story, the styles, and the winner going on to fight Gamboa would make this a great fight.

Cotto vs Chavez Jr.

I would like nothing more than for Cotto to smash Chavez, but I'm a realist and Chavez, despite his sub-par competition and hype, is a kid with decent skills and size, who has Freddie Roach in his corner.

Cotto on the other hand is a tough proven vet with heart, and has Manny Steward with him. Despite the size and Cotto's wars in the ring, this is no doubt Chavez's toughest fight and he deserves credit if he gets the win.

I'm still taking Cotto in this one. I think he feels healthy, confident, and refreshed. He's not the Cotto of old, but he's still a tough SOB.

Good tread!!As far as Pacman & Floyd are concerned,they are both full of ****!!Floyd is afraid to take a challenge & Pacman counters by fighting cheaters!!Fans don't seem to understand that superstar fighters doesn't mean they can beat everyone!!They will both fight for the most reward with the least amount of risk!!**** em,boxing will do better once their both gone!!

Margarito & Pacman at a catchweight for a 154 pound title is a farce,smoke & mirrors!!PFP means nothing in the real world,because if it did & Pacman could fight at 154,he'd fight real fighters at that weight,period!!

I love Marquez too,but Pacman isn't fighting at 140,or below!!Marquez has been exposed above 140,he would lose to Pacman badly at welterweight!!He should finish off his career at 135!!

Juanma is scared of El Pelinchin,plain & simple!!There's no need to make excuses why Juanma isn't fighting him!!El Pelinchin has unified a division & he deserves to make decent money fighting,that excuse Juanma is using is transparent!!

Cotto is a brave fighter,but I believe that Chavez jr has a lot of physical advantages!!I think Cotto has the experience & a great trainer in his corner,if he utilizes the jab & works the body,he may win & I'll be routing for him!!

Comment

^^ Great Assessments bro.

Comment

bump......................

Comment

Working...
        X