No announcement yet.

Rewatching, Rescoring broner-maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewatching, Rescoring broner-maidana

First time I watched this fight I had it 116-110 or 117-109 for maidana I don't quite remember.

Second time around I'm giving maidana first 2 rounds (he won them big). 3rd round I initially gave to maidana but this time I gave it to broner (paulie agrees with me). 4th round could go either way, last time I actually gave this to broner but this time I feel maidana's output took this round. 5th, and 6th to broner last time i gave the 6th to maidana this time I actually think broner took it idk that round can go Either way.

So far i have it 4-3 broner in rounds after 7. Feel kind of weird sayin this lol.

round 8 would have literally gone to broner, but maidana won it because of the knockdown 4-4 in rounds so far. 9-8 round for maidana. 75-74 maidana after 8.

9th round was ALL maidana. I mean maidana won this round BIG just like the first and second rounds. See, on the punchstats this actually looks like maidana is just destroying broner (which he pretty much is) throughout the whole fight but broner actually won some of these middle rounds I didn't see for him before. I guess that low quality stream I was watching made me think maidana was winning ALL of these rounds.

9th and 10th rounds clearly for maidana 95-92 maidana at this point.

My god what a ****ing round, round 11. I just don't know who to give this one to. That was one of the best rounds of boxing I've ever seen to be honest. That is a legit toss up round, that I hate to do this but I honestly do lean toward maidana in this round, I think he landed the better shots, maybe if broner's shot didn't come after the bell he could've stolen it in my heart. 105-101 for maidana on the scorecards for me heading into the last round.

That round 12 was something else, broner caught maidana two 1-2 combinations in the middle of the ring early that had maidana almost out on his feet, he didn't follow up with anything I don't think broner even realized maidana was hurt because it looked like he was looking to counter after that when he should've pressed and unloaded on him. Then he got caught with some huge shots as well, man broner has some real heart in him. Great fight 10/10. Round to broner because he clearly had maidana hurt badly like 3 times during this round, but maidana wasn't too far behind in this round though.

114-111 Maidana My final scorecard on this fight. To be honest, If judges were really generous toward broner like had they fought on the east coast I wouldn't be surprised to have seen this scored a draw. But i think we were all in such excitement seeing broner get handled by someone like this everyone was kinda bias'd here not gonna lie. Scorecards weren't that bad, i disliked 117-109 though.

Great fight overall.

Broner got beat up and knocked down two times. Some rounds were more even then other but Broner got clearly beat for most of the fight.

Comment

It was a damn good fight

Comment

Broner was getting hit repeatedly even in the rounds that he won, which made them close to call. He clearly lost and I think he loses a rematch too.

Comment

Broner is a big strong kid. And he was steamrolling people in his early fights. But when he went up in weight , and class--he suffered bad. You can tell he wasn't special. I thought Broner was desperate and landed a couple shots to keep chino off him. But barring a couple of the late rounds--he was beat up and beat in every phase of the game. He's a very ordinary fighter. Anyone who thinks that Broner is anything other than an overhyped dork with bad fundamentals--then they don't know ish about boxing.

I gave Broner two rounds--tops
          He's horrible

Comment

I had it 8-4 really good fight tbh..I still see those same issues with Broner tho,his footwork is very poor..He needs to correct this if he plans to fight Maidana or Matt's or it's going to be the same outcome..

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
              First time I watched this fight I had it 116-110 or 117-109 for maidana I don't quite remember.

Second time around I'm giving maidana first 2 rounds (he won them big). 3rd round I initially gave to maidana but this time I gave it to broner (paulie agrees with me). 4th round could go either way, last time I actually gave this to broner but this time I feel maidana's output took this round. 5th, and 6th to broner last time i gave the 6th to maidana this time I actually think broner took it idk that round can go Either way.

So far i have it 4-3 broner in rounds after 7. Feel kind of weird sayin this lol.

round 8 would have literally gone to broner, but maidana won it because of the knockdown 4-4 in rounds so far. 9-8 round for maidana. 75-74 maidana after 8.

9th round was ALL maidana. I mean maidana won this round BIG just like the first and second rounds. See, on the punchstats this actually looks like maidana is just destroying broner (which he pretty much is) throughout the whole fight but broner actually won some of these middle rounds I didn't see for him before. I guess that low quality stream I was watching made me think maidana was winning ALL of these rounds.

9th and 10th rounds clearly for maidana 95-92 maidana at this point.

My god what a ****ing round, round 11. I just don't know who to give this one to. That was one of the best rounds of boxing I've ever seen to be honest. That is a legit toss up round, that I hate to do this but I honestly do lean toward maidana in this round, I think he landed the better shots, maybe if broner's shot didn't come after the bell he could've stolen it in my heart. 105-101 for maidana on the scorecards for me heading into the last round.

That round 12 was something else, broner caught maidana two 1-2 combinations in the middle of the ring early that had maidana almost out on his feet, he didn't follow up with anything I don't think broner even realized maidana was hurt because it looked like he was looking to counter after that when he should've pressed and unloaded on him. Then he got caught with some huge shots as well, man broner has some real heart in him. Great fight 10/10. Round to broner because he clearly had maidana hurt badly like 3 times during this round, but maidana wasn't too far behind in this round though.

114-111 Maidana My final scorecard on this fight. To be honest, If judges were really generous toward broner like had they fought on the east coast I wouldn't be surprised to have seen this scored a draw. But i think we were all in such excitement seeing broner get handled by someone like this everyone was kinda bias'd here not gonna lie. Scorecards weren't that bad, i disliked 117-109 though.

Great fight overall.
              Watched it last week too.
              Your scoring is on point and the fight itself was a VERY good fight. People don't give Broner too much credit because they obviously hate the guy, and that's fine with me because he acts like an ass. But he was a warrior in this one, he stood toe to toe most of the fight. Which was entertaining but not too smart.

Round 11 was a classic, Broners trainer told him after 10 that he needed the KO and Broner went for it, which made 11 and 12 entertaining as hell.

Comment

I think I gave Broner 2 rds. The fight wasnt close. Broner had very few moments. I don't really know what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by ArgentinaX View Post
                  I think I gave Broner 2 rds. The fight wasnt close. Broner had very few moments. I don't really know what you are talking about.
                  Your name is ArgentinaX ! Do you really think people care what your biased ass says?

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post
                    Your name is ArgentinaX ! Do you really think people care what your biased ass says?
                    You have red k, do you really think people care what your dumb ass says?

Look, guys like you rush to say Maidana lost 9-3 in the first Mayweather fght, and that Floyd crushed in the rematch when none of that happened.

But now you wanna bring up how Broner conceivably could have won? How am I biased. Broner got outworked basically evey rd. He flashed some stuff in rds, but never did enough. He got beat down, and left the ring with the help of two guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X