Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's embarrasing how little the mainstream media knows about boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's embarrasing how little the mainstream media knows about boxing!

How many guys on ESPN do you think know who Victor Ortiz is? These "so called" journalists bash a fight with a guy they know nothing about. Do you think Micheal Fatbon knows about the huge HW championship fight between Haye and Wlad on July 2? The saddest part is that people listen to these guys. ESPN coverage of boxing is the equivalent of James Toney being on Jeopardy.

Couldnt agree more

I stopped checking for boxing news and coverage from the Worldwide Follower a while ago

Comment

you dont know what the **** thye know homeboy...for all i care, you could be one of them guys like maniac , yesir, boxing folower,and ktlp who do nothing but pretend....let's get real here!

Comment

Originally posted by Hi Hater View Post
        How many guys on ESPN do you think know who Victor Ortiz is? These "so called" journalists bash a fight with a guy they know nothing about. Do you think Micheal Fatbon knows about the huge HW championship fight between Haye and Wlad on July 2? The saddest part is that people listen to these guys. ESPN coverage of boxing is the equivalent of James Toney being on Jeopardy.
        haha

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
          you dont know what the **** thye know homeboy...for all i care, you could be one of them guys like maniac , yesir, boxing folower,and ktlp who do nothing but pretend....let's get real here!
          ESPN dont know **** though, whether it's boxing, the NBA, NFL, etc. Majority of the time they're complete crap when it comes to a lot of stuff

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
            "Pretend"... What do I "pretend" about?

Comment

That's why Golden Boy/HBO has their work cut out if they hope to surpass 1 mil buys for Mayweather-Ortiz... if sports journalists don't know who Ortiz is, what makes you think casual fans do?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                That's why Golden Boy/HBO has their work cut out if they hope to surpass 1 mil buys for Mayweather-Ortiz... if sports journalists don't know who Ortiz is, what makes you think casual fans do?
                A good way to help is to have Victor Ortiz punch Skip Bayless in the face im sure that will attract attention

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
                  "Pretend"... What do I "pretend" about?
                  thats what all pretenders usuaully say to their defense......ask dumbass questions, it makes you look smart about he topic.......yeah right!l.....you aint folin anyone homeboy!......lol

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                    Don't underestimate the casual fans bro. Alot of people I know who are casual fans are talking about this fight. The fact that Ortiz just came off a FoTY candidate is perfect for them, because the million or so casual fans who saw the fight on the FREE HBO weekend, will most likely tell there friends, and the friends will spread it around etcetc. It spreads like wild fire.

Comment

Working...
                    X