Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Ward prove his offer to GGG was legit by fighting him @168 next year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    Need to start working on the narrative that Ward is ducking Golovkin at 168 if he beats Kovalev at 175.
    every GGG thread, ward gets brought up in with people saying GGG is ducking him. This thread is to disprove that once and for all so it doesnt keep getting brought up. Im more than happy that kovalevs fighting him, im a big fan of both kovalev and GGG so i dont really care which one he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      A usual suspect got exposed huh? By what? Ward/Kova makes GGG/Ward irrelevant. Hope that clears it up for you. Furthermore what would GGG/Canelo have to do with this??
      Do you even read what you are commenting on this website?

You said it makes GGG irrelevant, not Ward vs GGG.

You kept hating on GGG claiming GGG would be irrelevant now, even though 10 times as many people want to see GGG vs Canelo than Kovalev vs Ward.

Who is the irrelevant here?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
        Do you read this forum? The same usual suspects keep calling for GGG to move to 175 now and totally ignore the lies and bullshit from Ward.

You have some common sense, can be reasonable, i applaud you for that, but the majority of GGG haters are uneducated racists who need to be exposed. Nobody else is doing the dirty job and i somehow feel responsible once in a while to help out.
        That's fine that you want to put the unreasonable GGG haters on blast but you can't do that by being unreasonable yourself.

All talk of Ward vs GGG was while Ward was still regarded as a SMW and still held titles at that weightclass, once GGG fought Lemieux and Ward signed the 3 fight deal ending with a Kovalev fight, all those negotiations were voided. If you're expecting Ward to drop back to 168 to face Golovkin after having 3 fights at 175 then you're as biased as the posters you hate.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          every GGG thread, ward gets brought up in with people saying GGG is ducking him. This thread is to disprove that once and for all so it doesnt keep getting brought up. Im more than happy that kovalevs fighting him, im a big fan of both kovalev and GGG so i dont really care which one he fights.
          Yeah it's very annoying I agree... I wish people would drop the whole GGG-Ward narrative. Neither guy ducked, GGG is yet to fight at 168 so I don't see how he avoided someone in a weightclass he doesn't fight at. At the same time the thread starter can't make this thread and pretend Ward hasn't moved on completely from SMW.

As of now they are 2 weight classes apart so anyone who is reasonable would see that they won't ever fight and shouldn't call for them to fight either.

Comment

Huh? Where did i mention Abel Sanchez? I asked if you think Loeffler or GGG are liars and now you come up his trainer? WTF?

You say a well respected russian boxing site makes up a fake article about GGG, Loeffler himself stating it was 100% real and yet you deny it or what?

Here, again for you, Tom himself

Doesn't mention anything about an offer or ducking for that matter. And this video is from 2015 not 2013. And it states the obvious. Where me and Loeffler disagree is I think Ward vs GGG is a PPV. Because the haters would tune in to see GGG lose. Their obviously not tuning in to see GGG vs overmatched middleweights.

Comment

It's Lil G that still needs the defining fights, with a win over Kovalev Wards atg status is set. Lil G missed the chance, 175 or nothing for the fraud.

Comment

That's fine that you want to put the unreasonable GGG haters on blast but you can't do that by being unreasonable yourself.

All talk of Ward vs GGG was while Ward was still regarded as a SMW and still held titles at that weightclass, once GGG fought Lemieux and Ward signed the 3 fight deal ending with a Kovalev fight, all those negotiations were voided. If you're expecting Ward to drop back to 168 to face Golovkin after having 3 fights at 175 then you're as biased as the posters you hate.
                That's just not true. The only time a real offer was on the table was in 2013 after GGG beat Macklin. At 168lb when Ward was fighting at 168. GGG said "Lets fight". Ward said "no thanks":

http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-...ing-sht--92369

"Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking trash about other people? Speak for yourself. If you're trying to make a name for yourself by mentioning me to build up your own fight, then be a man about it and tell the truth. At our meeting with HBO they asked us whether we are ready to box. You know our answers - I said yes, you said no. You said something about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not interested in the reason, I only heard your "no." But you remember that HBO said then that they would need a long time to build-up the fight. Then what the **** are you talking about excuses?"

"If you do provocative attacks, do not even think that Loeffler [Gennady's K2 promoter] will buy into them. You haven't been interesting to anyone for a long time, so he will no longer engage in the promotion of your name. Go and build your own image. Although everyone already knows what you are, and because of this, they do not go to your fights."

"You shouldn't worry about who I'm going to box or have boxed. You, like the rest, were lucky with the "Super Six" tournament because you got your opponents by contract. And who are you fighting now? The fourth-fifth ranked fighters in England...If I say that I'm ready to box any middleweight and ready to rise to 168 for a big fight, then I am responsible for the words. And I have nothing left to discuss with you. As a man, you are dead to me."
                Ward went on to fight Edwin Rodriguez and then went inactive for 2 years and could not make 168 anymore, returned at 172 against Paul Smith where he had plans to feel out the new weightclass and build himself to LHW.

http://www.boxingscene.com/ward-smit...ove-175--90223

The offer was made by Roc Nation exactly an hour after GGG announced the Lemieux fight and his future plans with Canelo/Cotto and the WBC. (Ward being in Roc Nation with Cotto in his team knew exactly whats up, so he could put out that hoax offer which he knew GGG could never accept)
                Last edited by Jubei; 08-28-2016, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Yeah it's very annoying I agree... I wish people would drop the whole GGG-Ward narrative. Neither guy ducked, GGG is yet to fight at 168 so I don't see how he avoided someone in a weightclass he doesn't fight at. At the same time the thread starter can't make this thread and pretend Ward hasn't moved on completely from SMW.

As of now they are 2 weight classes apart so anyone who is reasonable would see that they won't ever fight and shouldn't call for them to fight either.
                  yeah neither fighter ducked each other in my opinion, some times fights just dont happen and theyve never been in the same weight class. Would be shocked if the fight ever happened with ward now at light heavy. the post above by isaac clarke is a good example of the crap that gets posted day in day out on here

Comment

GGG haters And Racists on this site have been bringing up Ward a THOUSAND times in the last 3 years. Always talking that GGG ducked Ward, thats the only way they could hate on GGG over and over and over again. How can you ignore that?

Now Ward exposed himself rendering that OFFER TO GGG totally worthless and a hoax. Exposing all the racists and fanatics! That's what my thread is about. Reading and understanding so hard?
                    Stop with the race bull****, not everyone that has a critique of Golovkin is a racist.

You've done nothing but make negative threads about Andre Ward and other black fighters, you must also be racist then?

The Kovalev fight is finally a done deal but you have to keep making threads "exposing" Ward, what don't you get?

Ward offered to face Golovkin at 168 when he still had titles at 168. Do you still expect him to face him at 168 after getting accustomed to fighting at 175??

What is wrong with you man?

You're just a fanboy at the end of the day that's why you frequently get drawn into back and forths with the other fanboy losers on this site. Your blood boils if anything negative is said about GGG whether true or not.

You'd have no purpose without posters like Canelomaidana, Larry and others.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      yeah neither fighter ducked each other in my opinion, some times fights just dont happen and theyve never been in the same weight class. Would be shocked if the fight ever happened with ward now at light heavy. the post above by isaac clarke is a good example of the crap that gets posted day in day out on here
                      You know talking boxing can be so easy going and peaceful when people, like you and gladly alot of others, have some common sense, logic and can just think for themselves.

I just love the sport of boxing, i love fighters from all nationalities and i don't care if white or black. I just love watching great exciting fighters and interesting, genuine personalities.

Comment

Working...
                      X