Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some posters hate Gennady Golovkin so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    Personally, I have never heard of such a thing. Who hates Golovkin? Outside of Manny Pacquiao, he is by far the most popular boxer here on Non Stop Boxing.

For one, he is a nice looking guy, have a crowd pleasing style, he's fan friendly and conducts himself like a humble gentleman who displays character outside of the ring.

So how can anyone hate that? Also, he is a great fighter that most boxers tend to avoid. Therefore, overall I think he is a hell of a boxer and a hell of a man and his fans should be very proud of him.
    This is an example of what's wrong with g string. The first two paragraphs can't be denied. g string is all of that fan friendly, humble, etc. But the problem lies in that 3rd paragraph. Great fighter? Not with that resume. Most boxers tend to avoid? To some degree, but after bragging about how they would fight anyone from 154-168, they wouldn't fight Ward at 168, wouldn't fight Canelo at 155, and don't even want to hear Lara's name.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      they dont really have a reason for not liking him, main one i hear is 'we dont like his fans'. Basically these guys like hating, it gives them a purpose in life.
      It's not that hardcore boxing fans don't like g string, its that johnnycomelately ballgaggers like you want to appoint him a great fighter without him ever having to earn it in the ring. Worse yet, the type fighters that could put g string on the road to greatness (Ward, Canelo, Lara), team g string doesn't seem to keen on fighting.

Comment

• Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
        i asked 1st and even went so far as to set the example.
        So, youd rather have a link than some first hand knowledge? Take some so you can actually feel the effects. That will tell you a whole lot more than reading words on a screen. I cant help you. Feel the increase in strength, the stamina boost, the extra energy

Comment

• The hype.

He deserves a certain level of it given his KO%, but when does the rubber meet the road? When does he truly test himself against the best, whether that be moving up or down a division?

He'll be 35 in April of next year. We're all waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by freedom. View Post
            he's not a privileged boxer, he had to move to a new country to fight.

He's never enjoyed home advantage. He's had world title fights in several countries. He's never needed referees to permit him to foul, or to protect him.

He's never been a prima donna who demands all the advantages. He doesn't badmouth other boxers, although he occasionally responds when they talk about him. He's never demanded his opponent wear gloves with extra padding.

He's a nice guy outside the ring. He doesn't beat up women.

He doesn't clamp his opponents arms, he doesn't clinch much, he doesn't head butt. He doesn't run from his opponents.

He wins his fights by knockout, not dull decisions. He's exciting to watch and good for the sport.

Why do some posters hate him so much?
            hes a great fighter i love watching him, i think the backlash is because his fans trash atgs resumes, and the same things they trash others for they defend him and give him the benefit of the doubt for, they have no room to talk its like throwing a right hook with your left hand down it will eventually get taken advantage of...

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
              This is an example of what's wrong with g string. The first two paragraphs can't be denied. g string is all of that fan friendly, humble, etc. But the problem lies in that 3rd paragraph. Great fighter? Not with that resume. Most boxers tend to avoid? To some degree, but after bragging about how they would fight anyone from 154-168, they wouldn't fight Ward at 168, wouldn't fight Canelo at 155, and don't even want to hear Lara's name.
              why are you so hung up with that comment made years ago about 154-168. GGG is going out there and doing demolition jobs on solid fighters, line them up in front of him and he will knock them out

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                It's not that hardcore boxing fans don't like g string, its that johnnycomelately ballgaggers like you want to appoint him a great fighter without him ever having to earn it in the ring. Worse yet, the type fighters that could put g string on the road to greatness (Ward, Canelo, Lara), team g string doesn't seem to keen on fighting.
                how many time have i got to tell you, ward is 175, you cant duck fighters who are two weight classes heavier. He wanted ducknelo at 160, you know, seen as they were both middleweight champs. And lara ffs, you know my thoughts on that already

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Why do Freedom and other pro white posters want to protect GGG from what they feel is unfair treatment but actively participated in the negativity against black and hispanic fighters?

The TS is someone that still to this day goes out of his way to find ways to denigrate the careers and accomplishments of boxers like Floyd and Ward. Then he acts surprised that his "NSB playbook" on denigrating fighters is then turned on GGG.

I could see if Freedom and other pro white GGG fans were new posters and came to NSB and found the climate unbearable. However, almost all have been here a long time and participated and often were directly responsible for the negativity. Maybe some of you wanted it to stop but you weren't as vociferous as you are now that its GGG.

Very few pro white posters cared about unfair treatment, racial sterotyping of fans, bigoted appraisal of resumes/opponents or flooding NSB with constant negative threads. Many of you, the TS included, are now posting this is wrong since the target is a white fighter.

I say why stop now. If NSB is a cesspool, well it always was one. Why should GGG fans not have to deal with the environment they created?
                  Two wrongs never make a right

Comment

• Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                    Those who hate him are black it kills them that a White Dude is knocking out the Brothas

The American white populous claiming Kazakhstanis as one of their own. Comedy!

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                      So, youd rather have a link than some first hand knowledge? Take some so you can actually feel the effects. That will tell you a whole lot more than reading words on a screen. I cant help you. Feel the increase in strength, the stamina boost, the extra energy
                      i want scientific facts. thats what the sports go by. not a case by case situation.

Comment

Working...
                      X