Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking Like Errol Spence will run 147 soon should Porter should be next opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    Broner would be a world champion right now and probably undefeated if said screw that half ass shoulder roll(he only has it 50-60% down) and simply fight out of a conventional stance and let his hands go

he looks special when he lets his hands go...he isnt floyd...doesnt have the accuracy or timing although his is good but he cant depend on landing potshots vs busy opponents. Thats why he has loses to Maidana and Porter....he could have beat Porter if he was busier.
    Yeah man, you see it too! I think part of his problem is he doesnt turn angles well and he would need that against Spence, leaning straight back would get him decapitated but Broners speed and stinging punches would get him some respect for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      Not really...

Porter hasn't done shi.t himself to prove he's a top 5 anything... much less boxer.
      Nail biter fight with Thurman, W over Alexander, Broner, Malignaggi. Not a P4P resume but it's solid.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        Nail biter fight with Thurman, W over Alexander, Broner, Malignaggi. Not a P4P resume but it's solid.
        Spence should be fighting for a title..
        Let Porter go somewhere else and build up his lil name.

He let that fa/g Kel Brook massage his title way from him

Comment

if you didnt care, you wouldnt have made it a point to compare what I said in regards to GGG in the past and spence today

Like I said, I think Spence will be the man ONE DAY, didnt say he was the man TODAY...big difference. This is the first thread I made about the guy in God knows how long. I could see if I was hyping the kid up daily.

when spence vs Thurman happens it'll be awesome. I like thurman too, but when he has to be the boxer, he looks uncomfortable and wastes a lot of energy...he needs to estalish a jab
          Thurman boxed very well and had to dig deep against a strong relentless and very motivated to win Porter when they fought. That showed me a lot about Thurman and has me thinking when the going gets tough in a fight Thurman knows how to respond.

Spence has never had to go through that kind of fight as his Comp. level has been so bad.

For what ive seen so far youd have to make Thurman the favorite to win. Maybe Spence can beat Thurman but going by his competition you have to go with Thurman. Spence to me seems a little to slow off the blocks when he punches which i believe Thurman can expoit.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
            Thurman boxed very well and had to dig deep against a strong relentless and very motivated to win Porter when they fought. That showed me a lot about Thurman and has me thinking when the going gets tough in a fight Thurman knows how to respond.

Spence has never had to go through that kind of fight as his Comp. level has been so bad.

For what ive seen so far youd have to make Thurman the favorite to win. Maybe Spence can beat Thurman but going by his competition you have to go with Thurman. Spence to me seems a little to slow off the blocks when he punches which i believe Thurman can expoit.
            Porter ain't shi.t never has been never will be.

Resumes don't throw punches and win fights...the fighters themselves do the winning.

Spence's weak resume didn't help Bundu off the floor last night.

Comment

Brook is gonna get decaptitated vs GGG and I doubt he moves back down

Im sure Spence blitzes whoever he'll fight for the vacant title

thats Leaves WBO Vargas WBC Danny Garcia and WBA Keith Thurman

at this point I think he'd beat all three

I try not to get ahead myself with young fighters but this kid is the truth. Works hard, has the right attitude and has a nice blend of speed, power, poise and aggression,

Thurman doesnt like it to the body and he is the type of fighter to out jab you, he often wastes a lot of energy moving his legs but not his hands

DSG is the sleeper in the division, always finds a way to win but I dont see how he deals with SPence unless he tries to outbox him in spots and time him coming in

Vargas is straight up and down, pretty basic but solid fighter. Spence beats this kid

I think Porter would make a great opponent for him if he cant get a title shot next.
              If Thurman lands he can take you out and he's a good finisher

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                If Thurman lands he can take you out and he's a good finisher
                That goes double for Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  I'd like to see maybe a Robert Guerrero next before a Porter.
                  A guy like Porter is a huge jump up in class. Spence might win maybe even stop Porter but is it worth the risk at this stage?
                  Fighters need time to develop & mature. Spence is young, there is no rush.

Lets say he fights Porter and is found wanting then what next? People can say back to the drawing board but boxing fans are unforgiving. Nobody will give two ****s for the kid if he lost.
                  He'll be forgotten and they will jump onto the next American WW like they have Sadam Ali and a whole heap of others.
                  Guerrero is too far gone. Diego Chavez would be a great test right now.

Comment

Spence is really good. Promising. But I can't shake the image of Emmanuel Lartey rocking him bad when they fought a couple years back. And he still has very bad defensive habits. I'd hold off on sending his bust to Canastota.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Spence is really good. Promising. But I can't shake the image of Emmanuel Lartey rocking him bad when they fought a couple years back. And he still has very bad defensive habits. I'd hold off on sending his bust to Canastota.
                      He did get hit consistently by the same punches against Bundu. Algieri didn't exactly have problems hitting him either. Needs to move that head a little bit. You can especially see the criticisms about his stiffness in his defense.

Right now he's overpowering fighters, and you can't always rely on that against better fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X