Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English premierleague followers criticize Italian clubs for their overpriced transfers, it's a good one.

Comment

• Higuain is a good striker no doubt but not top top level. Not at the level of the Aguero's, Suarez, Ibra's etc the recent greats...don't think he's ever been at that level.

Yes he's got the Serie A record but when it truly matters he's got a bad habit of bottling it.

IMO it's very telling how Madrid kept Benzema and got rid of Higuain. Prime for prime i reckon Benzema is/was the better player. Benzema just had the problem of having one of the GOAT's alongside him who he had to tailor his game to, Higuain couldn't nor wouldn't have been able to do that. Benzema did and still managed to stay just about relevant enough for Real to stick with him all whilst doing a very underrated job in helping Ronaldo(and now Bale) achieve the mad numbers he does at Madrid.

Craziest thing about Higuain is he misses about three sitters a game....yet he still manages to end up with 30+ goals a season. Imagine if he was even more of a deadlier finisher...his numbers would be crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        Higuain has to be the oldest looking 28 year I've ever seen. He must be about 31.

Makes Rooney look fresh.
        Diego Costa. 27.

His childhood must have consisted of him being strapped to a chair and his mum throwing rocks at his mug. Then when the rock broke into pieces he ate them.

Comment

• I have Higuain and Cavani on the same level.

Both are a little awkward. Cavani is surprisingly basic and Higuian as Roy said is a complete bottler. He'd have fit in a Chelsea last season.

Comment

• Man United are crazy. 112 million to bring back Pogba? That's desperation if I've ever seen it. My goodness. Plus 20 million to his agent?!

If FFP shut down Real Madrid who actually win trophies. How has United not stopped yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              Any football fan should care.

That's more goals in a season than Ronaldo, Batistuta, Shevchenko, Vialli, Van Basten, Crespo, Ibrahimovic, Cavani, Luca Toni, Totti, Del Piero, etc...ever managed.

Madrid selling him and keeping Benzema means nothing, they have a habbit of punting home grown players for big name foreigners.
              It's just a meaningless stat.. did his goals get them the title? no? the ultimately who really gives a ****. If his goals shot them to the title and beat out Juve in the process... I may understand..

Juve were bottom of the league for quite some time and even then a Higuaín inspired Napoli couldn't do ****

Oh and it's serie A

Originally posted by Y0@NN View Post
              English premierleague followers criticize Italian clubs for their overpriced transfers, it's a good one.
              The biggest transfers in history have not been going to the PL

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              Man United are crazy. 112 million to bring back Pogba? That's desperation if I've ever seen it. My goodness. Plus 20 million to his agent?!

If FFP shut down Real Madrid who actually win trophies. How has United not stopped yet?
              WTF are you on about.. Madrid have won what 3 league titles in 12/13 years and only recently won the CL twice after getting knocked out second round for many years running.. Go check what United did in that time..

I also hate to break it to you... United is a well run club.. Madrid is not and has to beg the Spanish government to bail it's ass out

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                It's just a meaningless stat.. did his goals get them the title? no? the ultimately who really gives a ****. If his goals shot them to the title and beat out Juve in the process... I may understand..

Juve were bottom of the league for quite some time and even then a Higuaín inspired Napoli couldn't do ****

Oh and it's serie A
                Napoli are not close to Juventus, they are not expected to win the league. Scoring an all time amount of goals for a lesser team is an incredible feat.

Ronaldo has won a single La Liga in 7 years, are his goal numbers meaningless? No, they are not.

Oh, and Leicester City wouldn't win Serie A.
                Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 07-28-2016, 05:49 AM.

Comment

• Juve loan 18 years old right-back Lirola to Sassuolo, very good move from juve's management. the kid is easily the most impressive juve youngster who play in 2 juve's pre season game.

he's the only one who play the entire two games full-time, making run tirelessly at the right flank. hope he can became the new zambrotta for Juve in the future.

Last edited by betmen; 07-28-2016, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Napoli are not close to Juventus, they are not expected to win the league. Scoring an all time amount of goals for a lesser team is an incredible feat.

Ronaldo has won a single La Liga in 7 years, are his goal numbers meaningless? No, they are not.

Oh, and Leicester City wouldn't win Serie A.
                    Actually his goal tally is over inflated due to playing in La Liga.. i am his biggest fan..

But how many times does he put 4 past some no hopers who gave up after the first 10 mins?

Who did Higuain score past to make this record btw? a hatrick past froinsene on the last day..

Who in the blue hell is froinsene??

I have no doubt Barca.. Madrid.. Bayern would have all won the league (BPL) last season.. doesn't change the fact that la liga and serie A is filled with absolute bums..

Even "lower" tier clubs like West Ham.. Lecister.. Stoke are buying class players now..

Do you think you can say the same for Froinsene?? The PL is stacked.. Barca/Madrid play 70% of there games vs fisherman.. who down tools after conceeding
                    Last edited by MOTHERDUCKER; 07-28-2016, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                      Actually his goal tally is over inflated due to playing in La Liga.. i am his biggest fan..

But how many times does he put 4 past some no hopers who gave up after the first 10 mins?

Who did Higuain score past to make this record btw? a hatrick past froinsene on the last day..

Who in the blue hell is froinsene??

I have no doubt Barca.. Madrid.. Bayern would have all won the league (BPL) last season.. doesn't change the fact that la liga and serie A is filled with absolute bums..

Even "lower" tier clubs like West Ham.. Lecister.. Stoke are buying class players now..

Do you think you can say the same for Froinsene?? The PL is stacked.. Barca/Madrid play 70% of there games vs fisherman.. who down tools after conceeding
                      The Premier League has been filled with dross basically since it started. Insane money being pumped in over the last few years has given those little clubs money, but it's very much a recent thing.

Yet, for all that money the clubs are performing terribly against European competition and the league's top teams are not currently closed to being top teams.

Frosinone got relegated btw, they are on par with the Villa's and Norwich's. This idea that lower positioned teams in La Liga aren't as good as the likes of Swansea is just more Premier League arrogance.

Comment

Working...
                      X