No announcement yet.

Worst one sided beatdown...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Besides this and the Jones fight I don't ever recall him taking a serious beating. Like him or not Paz was always a tough, game fighter.
    Loreto Garza laid a pretty good beat down on Vinny Paz when they fought at Jr. Welterweight for Garza's title. He had is eye looking like hamburger meat dripping with blood.

But yea Paz was game and a tough fighter all the way through though.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
      Loreto Garza laid a pretty good beat down on Vinny Paz when they fought at Jr. Welterweight for Garza's title. He had is eye looking like hamburger meat dripping with blood.

But yea Paz was game and a tough fighter all the way through though.
      Nice catch. I had forgotten about this fight. While I wouldn't call it a beatdown, it was all Garza. Paz was strggling to make weight at that point and it was his last fight at super lightweight. His next fight he completely skipped 147 to fight at 154 which I've always thought was his best weight. Great mention though!

Comment

• Morales vs Pauly Ayala, Dude Morales messed him up bad, just couldn't quite stop him but Ayala was never the same after and also I would say Jesus Chaves was never the same after facing Morales either. Chaves did good though for having a broken hand but he took way more than he gave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
          Hagler - Hearns
          Duran - Buchannan

Short list I think: Those kind of one-sided beatdowns tend to wreck fighters psychologically and preclude any sucessful subsequent career.

Poet
          Duran vs Buchanan? I certainly had Duran winning but one sided?
          Duran vs Esteban dejesus 2 seemed like a brain damaging beat down to me.

actually in Durans book Ray Lampkin admits to suffering brain damage at the hands of Duran.

that being said Chavez beat the dog **** out of Greg Haugen

Sanchez beat up Danny Lopez really bad too

Last but not least, Arguello vs Kevin Rooney, in the 4 round masterpiece that Arguello put together...I think Rooney Landed 2 jabs (I used to count)

anyways...thats all I have for now

EDIT: Duran vs Moore is the epitome of a beatdown

Comment

• Benny Lynch vs Jackie Brown II

Comment

• Donaire-Rigo if not already mentioned.

Pavlik-Miranda. One of my all time favorite wars even if it was one sided. I know Miranda didn't really go on to do great things but he did fight Abraham and Bute for the Super middleweight belts years later.

Someones had to of mentioned Morales-Manny 2 & 3

Comment

• Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                Of a fighter who was not shot or way past prime. Not talking Ali vs Holmes, but more like Tyson vs Douglas.

What are some of the worst one sided beatdowns in boxing history of fighters who still had a lot of fight and went on to have successful careers?

I'm talking older fights, not so much Margarito/Pacquiao, as time will tell if Margarito was shot (which I think he was).

Let's hear them.
                Douglas/Tyson was not one sided.

Now, I'd list:

Calzaghe/Lacy
                Pacquiao/Cotto (post round 4, till then it was kinda competitive lol)
                Ali/Liston (barring the eye incident)
                Vitali/Chisora/Briggs

Comment

• Arturo Gatti Verse Joey Gamache

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT0n-SN7Pq0

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingnut712 View Post
                    Arturo Gatti Verse Joey Gamache

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT0n-SN7Pq0
                    That wasn't a beatdown, that was a quick and brutal assault.

Comment

• recent entreant:

joshua vs brezeale. that was a comprehensive ass whooping.

one of the componennts of a bad beatdown is a great chin on the guy taking the beating.

brezeale took f#ckin bombs! those shots have put joshua's opponents out, and brezeale took them for several rounds without any real defense.

Comment

Working...
                      X