No announcement yet.

Result That Shocked You?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Result That Shocked You?

The last time I was completely shocked by the outcome of the fight was when Mosley beat Margartio. I was actually worried that Margarito would hurt him badly and send him into retirement in brutal fashion. We all know what happened. Mosley dominated and even knocked him out. That was simply amazing and shocking to me.

Marquez knocking out Pac was pretty damn shocking too. I gave Marquez a good chance to win but to knock him out cold with one punch, that was something else.

When was the last time you were hyped to see a fight and said to yourself "DAMN! I never saw that one coming"

Fury/Wlad, Pacquaio/De La Hoya, Jacobs/Quillin, Morrison/Bentt, Pacquaio/Marquez4, Hopkins/Tarver and Tarver/Jones Jr,

Comment

My ex wife told me she didn't love me anymore, cuz a few fools conviently committed suicide. XIV stupid stuff, but she dropped me like a bad habit.

I wish she would have left me cuz I was mean to her, etc, but she left cuz I was a piece of ****. It's that simple.

Comment

Recently I think Cotto Martinez.

I thought Martinez was done but damn, didn't think that would happen.

Comment

Pac v JMM IV comes to mind. I thought JMM woudl make it tough in their 3rd fight and he did just that and in my opinion, own that bout (the first time I scored for JMM). With the 4th fight looming and Pacquiao not really looking himself I predicted a clean points win for Marquez. Then I saw his physique and thought...just...something big was on. Then came that KO. It was brutal, it was shocking and it was good for boxing. Casual sports fans were talking about it for days.

Comment

obviously every upset in the book

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Recently I think Cotto Martinez.

I thought Martinez was done but damn, didn't think that would happen.
              actually thats a good shout. Martienz was shot to **** even though I thought he'd still have 60-70% of himself left. Even that much would have been enough to beat Cotto...but after that first round and how weak Martinez's legs looked, I knew it was all over.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                actually thats a good shout. Martienz was shot to **** even though I thought he'd still have 60-70% of himself left. Even that much would have been enough to beat Cotto...but after that first round and how weak Martinez's legs looked, I knew it was all over.
                Exactly. I didn't see that happening at all

Comment

maidana v broner. People have revised it and made out it wasnt a big shock but noone gave maidana a hope before hand and he absolutely demolished him. On the domestic scene , campbell v mendy was a pretty big upset recently

Comment

Hopkins beating Pavlik.

I seriously thought Hopkins was done. He made his fight with Calzaghe really close mostly due to rough and even dirty tactics, but he looked old. Pavlik was rising up at the time. Thought he would stop Hopkins or at least batter him and win a UD. Hopkins ended up schooling him. Pavlik seemed like he never mentally recovered from that lost.

Others that haven't been mentioned in this thread yet:

Bradley "winning" against Pac.

Martinez knocking out Williams with one punch in the 2nd round after fighting a 12 round war with him the first time they fought.

Rigo beating Donaire. Not so much Rigo beating him, but the way he made an A level fighter like Donaire look like a B level fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X