Collapse
No announcement yet.

VentureBeat reviews Grand Theft Auto III: Faithfully executed on iPad 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] VentureBeat reviews Grand Theft Auto III: Faithfully executed on iPad 2

VentureBeat reviews Grand Theft Auto III: Faithfully executed on iPad 2
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 · 2:01 pm · 2 Comments

“It’s been 10 years since Rockstar brought its seminal franchise, Grand Theft Auto III, to the PlayStation 2, the 3rd dimension, and the homes of a record number of gamers,” Rob LeFebvre reports for VentureBeat. “GTA 3 earned quite a number of perfect review scores upon release, and continues to influence game design even now.”

“With Grand Theft Auto III: Tenth Anniversary Edition, Rockstar now brings this open world sandbox game to mobile platforms, complete and unabridged,” LeFebvre reports. “The game will play on smartphones and tablets, including iPad 1 and 2, the iPhone 4 and 4S, and a number of Android devices.” [Depending upon which random level of abject fragmentation you pitiable Droidtards have settled. - MDN Ed.]

LeFebvre reports, “I was able to review this version on an iPad 2, a high-end device that really allows the game to shine. Rockstar has spared nothing in this translation to the small screen – there wasn’t a single hitch in the game’s motion or control or fluidity of animation. The opening music, the story of a robbery gone bad, the escape from the prison van – all is identical to the original game. There’s a certain nostalgia factor at play here that I’m sure the developers are just fine with.”

“Overall, this one deserves an 85/100, for a solid port of a groundbreaking game to mobile devices for a fantastic price,” LeFebvre reports. “While the controls and visual/graphics engine are feeling a bit long in the tooth, we’d be hard pressed to find anything for mobile devices that is as deeply compelling and console-like as Grand Theft Auto 3: Tenth Anniversary Edition for any price.”

Much more in the full review here.

.................this is something I have to see, when I first saw the original trailer of this in action I was in love with it.

Working...
X