Is this Roberto Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this Roberto Duran?

Hello All,

I wanted to ask your opinion on this subject. While I was in New Orleans on new years There was this guy in a bar wearing a jacket that had Roberto Duran's name and picture on back. Couldn't help but notice he resembled him quite a but. Soon after some guys waked by and took pictures with him.
    He later looked at me and I gave him the fist and he returned the stance. So I went over and talked to him. He spoke no English but was a very nice guy.
    I signaled to him asking for a picture with him and he agreed so we took a couple. He had a lady there he was dancing with and she seemed very accustomed to the photos and all the attention.

I came home and googled some photos of Duran and think this may be just some guy posing as Roberto Duran.... I heard that he was having some health and heart issues as well as nose surgery. Could explain the puffy face. This guy looks heavier than the last photos I saw of Roberto.

Take a look at the photos and tell me what you think?

Thanks

Last edited by llamas1; 01-11-2011, 01:10 PM. Reason: http://home.earthlink.net/~rjl66/duran1.jpg

Comment

You "gave him the fist" as in the traditional fist pump pose,right?

Comment

When i see boxers i too always give them the fist

Comment

Looking at that pic It's still a strong resemblence but would like some others to give there opinions.

Comment

After I have 15 posts I can add url's

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
              You "gave him the fist" as in the traditional fist pump pose,right?
              Yeah, the fist, not like a Jersey Shore fist pump or fisting. Just like the picture shown. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                damn... he looks like a mafia bodyguard.

Comment

Comment

Yes that's Roberto Duran

Comment

Working...
                    X