How significant is Maidana @ 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
    hes got a hell of a chin on him which makes him tough
    Hasn't really fought good enough competition to judge that chin.

Comment

best @ 140 period

Comment

Originally posted by iÐoL View Post
        To me, Maidana is a club fighter with freakish power. But I see people putting him alongside Alexander and Bradley at the top of 140.
        Well that's wrong, but like I said - he is an acid test for anyone right now. If one gets in the ring with him, their chin is likely to be tested hardcore.

Comment

Originally posted by iÐoL View Post
          He isn't that tough, Ortiz dropped him a couple of times.

What's your definition of tough then? who came back up and made his opponent quit after getting dropped a couple of times?

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
            Maidanas best win was against a green Ortiz. Apart from that he has only KO'd a bunge of D-class fighters. He has good power but I see Timmeh, Devon, Amir and Paulie beating him convincingly.
            I think that maidana is a B- class. I'm Argentine, but be realistic Maidana is no big deal.
            His defense is disastrous, very predictable attacks, an incredible punch, has good intensity and a decent chin.
            Layers will say, as a predictable attack? but Maidana boxers fought with class D, Cayo C, Ortiz B-, with the potential to reach B in the future.
            Now Maidana can gananrle to Malinaggi is but I think it has a 80% to 20%, against Devon Alexander 20% against 80% versus Bradley 40% 60% and 50% 50% against Khan

Comment

Maidana is the bad boy at 140. He's the kind of fighter that no body want to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by El 7 Mares V.2 View Post
                What's your definition of tough then? who came back up and made his opponent quit after getting dropped a couple of times?
                Yeah, he's tough.

Just not as tough as people make him out to be. I don't believe he has a ' hell of a chin ' though.

Comment

I'd give Maidana much more chance that 50/50 against Khan.

Comment

He's tough but he's no world beater. I place him at "top quality contender" status right now.

Comment

I think Maidana is a top contender at 140, but not an elite.

Though he's not very skillful, his power makes him a dangerous fighter for anyone at 140.

Comment

Working...
                      X