No announcement yet.

how long/ often do you train?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long/ often do you train?

i just started boxing 2 weeks ago and i have nothing bad to say about it, coach is nice, and good(olympic medalist) and he seems to really be passionate about his sport, gym is opened 5 days a week for 10 hours, 7 days a week if u take personal training with him, i love the pushing yourself part and am excited to get my form down and progress. this feels like i can really get serious about this. but anyways

i was just wondering how long you guys hit the gym, and how often

how often u guys lift weights if at all

whats your running routine

this is mine, mind you im just starting and am not use to all the physicalness

but i go to the gym for 2-3 hours( my fists still get sores and cuts so i cant go hard on the bag and stuff)

i do interval running till i feel like stopping( i will get distance down eventually)

and i lift weights 3 times per week

i am definitly going to increase gym hours and running when my body gets use to it)

I am not a boxer but i train in bodybuilding and train at least 2 hours a day no vacations.

Comment

Originally posted by DFletcher View Post
      I am not a boxer but i train in bodybuilding and train at least 2 hours a day no vacations.
      WTF are u here?

i train 5 days a week 1.5 hours tru the week and run in weekends.

Comment

IF you want just to train boxing for basic knowledge, you can lift some weights, but not a lot. If you plan to train good few years I wouldn't suggest you lift weights at all.

Comment

I typically do my boxing workouts (bag work, shadowboxing, jumprope, etc.)for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs from anywhere between3-5 days per week.

I will do my running/sprint workouts once every 5 days: reps of 800m, 400m, 200m, 100m, 50m

and once every 5 days i will perform a strength workout: alternating everyweek between explosive and power strength.

Comment

like 6 hours per week in the gym

Comment

Originally posted by kyshenko team View Post
              IF you want just to train boxing for basic knowledge, you can lift some weights, but not a lot. If you plan to train good few years I wouldn't suggest you lift weights at all.
              i know this topic on lifting is controversial but i think that you should lift weights, just not alot of big loads with low rep, i think low weights high reps is a good way to go, and i think you should lift to target your weak muscles like your lower back. but i guess i could agree to lower it to once or twice a week because as i get more invovled in boxing im probably not going to have energy for it.

im going to try and hit the boxing gym as much as possible i was just wondering

how long did it take you guys to learn how to work the speed bag?

Comment

Originally posted by garadelics View Post
                i know this topic on lifting is controversial but i think that you should lift weights, just not alot of big loads with low rep, i think low weights high reps is a good way to go, and i think you should lift to target your weak muscles like your lower back. but i guess i could agree to lower it to once or twice a week because as i get more invovled in boxing im probably not going to have energy for it.

im going to try and hit the boxing gym as much as possible i was just wondering

how long did it take you guys to learn how to work the speed bag?
                Don't take it too serious) always stay calm and relaxed. and you will learn how to hit s-bag within a day max two.

The thing is..if you will train proper boxing, you have great trainer who will take care of you, you won't have any weak areas on your body. Believe me!
                Plus lifting weights decreases your stamina a lot. I do sports proff for quiet a few years.
                There are some exercises I can suggest to you, that Actually Build your stamina, strength, agility etc. you will have best body shape if you take it seriously. in ex soviet countries every 1 doing it. But instead of showing you those vids, and try to show off or something. I'll show you some real bad mofos from US. if you get interested, ask me for a routine, we'll build a monster from you

After watching that, tell me if some 240lbs dude from weightlifting room, can do pull ups like that ,push-ups in steady fast paste and so on. I bet you won't find 1
                Last edited by Ogecca MaMa; 07-19-2011, 12:15 AM.

Comment

That's nice!

Comment

I go on feel. Sometimes i do up to 3 sessions per day. But one session will just be heavy bag rounds at home.

If i am working harder, i up my calories so my body can keep up.

o and im new. hello.

Comment

Working...
                    X