No announcement yet.

why aren't industry articles titling, "Lara Wants Golovkin At 160" - Shields

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThumperMcDougal View Post
    What does Lara offer GGG? Golovkin is trying to unify the middleweight division. Lara is not a middleweight, and does not hold a middleweight strap. So what am I missing?
    So you don't want to see the two best in these division's fight? Did you not watch Ward Vs Dawson?

Comment

Is this a serious question? Every fart that a known fighter emits is cut up into 10 different articles these days, publishing a different stage in the fart's sequence.

There have been a ton of articles on Lara's comments. Maybe Shields doesn't have the internet and is expecting to read about it in the Houston Chronicle.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        remember alexander - bradley? oh, you don't? rest my case
        That fight was so huge here at NSB leading to the fight. I mean hyuuge. About hundred people showed up in a mostly brodda location. HBO almost did not show the fight. They didn't even televised the undercards.

Comment

Originally posted by ThumperMcDougal View Post
          What does Lara offer GGG? Golovkin is trying to unify the middleweight division. Lara is not a middleweight, and does not hold a middleweight strap. So what am I missing?
          you're clearly trolling mate. Lara is #1 154 and respected Champion. Since when are #1's not welcomed to move up a class? lol

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
            Please stop making this about race you fu(king ******* it's been debunked time and time again.
            So Floyd is Black and fought in 5 divisions and Golovkin has fought in 1. Who is loved?

It's racism you coward.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Why did you change your avi from Canelo to Lara bruvv? Never answered that question bruvv
              Unlike you I don't make excuses. Canelo shamed himself.

Comment

i don't have a huge issue with lara getting a shot at golovkin.

i understand that people will sweep him under the rug when he calls golovkin out after golovkin books a fight [something lara's social media publicist [probably decubas, his manager,] used to do with all kinds of fighters.]

i really get that people are going to sweep him under the rug when he's calling out the best 160 lber in the world while having a tough time with 154 lbers, and not moving up to campaign at the weight in which he wants a ppv fight.

and finally, lara is rumored to want 3 million. that is a F#CKLOAD of money! if you want to watch this fight, get ready to watch it on PPV, because paying 3 million for undeserving fights is what got HBO in such hot water and caused it to cut its budget for several years.

remember alexander - bradley? oh, you don't? rest my case
                But it not about Decubas. This is about Boxingscene.com journalism citing Ronnie Shields particularly stating that Lara will fight Golovkin at 160.

Regarding pay days. I don't know where these practical rumors come from. Until an actual industry article states purses then we can go from there. NSB has a habit of just throwing out rumors and people rehashing it.

Comment

it's pretty obvious if you spend enough time on the internet following boxing that some of black fans in boxing fear golovkin. it's fear. they're afraid, and they project that fear in the form of all of these ridiculous biases you see.

no different from whites who hated floyd mayweather for no damn reason other than he was black and good.
                  how does Lara and Shields publicly stating they want Golovkin at 160 translate to black fans having fear?

The problem with boxing is that many casual fans aren't culturally objective like real regulated sports. Go to forums regarding the NBA, NFL, MLB. if a random bloke praises a black star or a white star how does one even assume the "Color" of that poster?

Me personally, when I fill out forms regarding ethnicity I choose the post 90's option, "I choose not to state." And let's just say, I'm not black by any means!

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                    Unlike you I don't make excuses. Canelo shamed himself.
                    What excuses have a I made?

You just said it yourself. Canelo ducked GGG. I know, it hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                      how does Lara and Shields publicly stating they want Golovkin at 160 translate to black fans having fear?

The problem with boxing is that many casual fans aren't culturally objective like real regulated sports. Go to forums regarding the NBA, NFL, MLB. if a random bloke praises a black star or a white star how does one even assume the "Color" of that poster?

Me personally, when I fill out forms regarding ethnicity I choose the post 90's option, "I choose not to state." And let's just say, I'm not black by any means!

wasn't talking about lara / shields. was responding to another poster, not the TS.

Comment

Working...
                      X