Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People who want a 90/10 split in favor of Canelo vs GGG need to get some help ASAP!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cheeseburger View Post
    I meant Julio Diaz. And you could get tickets at reduced price or buy 2 get 1 free the day of the fight.

I am not saying that that you were lying a bout ticket price. What I meant was you are lying about Khan being a bigger more well known star world wide vs Golovkin. Khan is only poplular among UK asians. In Pakistan itself he is not known because his fights happen either in the late night (2am) or in the morning (7am).

Golovkin is more well known. For e.g. his Murray fight:

It did +1 million in the UK
    2.5 million viewers in Germany
    1.4333 million on HBO primetime replay
    Kazakhstan - 6.5 million
    Mexico - 6 million
    Khan used to get 10+ million viewers in the UK alone before he went PPV.

Khan has 1.7 million Twitter followers
    Golovkin has 200k

Khan is the bigger worldwide name

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Huh? Massive amounts of fights go to purse bids, they happen all the time. Deontay Wilder vs Povetkin was a purse bid in fact (haymon didn't even care he lost the bid). Why would Al Haymon bid $50 million dollars or whatever crazy amount of money to put two dogs not from his stable on showtime? lol that would be a massive flop on his end and he would have zero interest in doing such since he obviously doesn't promote/manage either guy. Wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. My point was more along the lines of people who are saying 90/10 or whatever ******ed number don't realize/understand that this particular fight, if it goes to a purse bid, is about 50/50, so that in fact forces Golden Boy to offer a fair split (whether that's 70/30, 65/35 I don't know, whatever is reasonable to K2) so that they can avoid a purse bid. It's in their interest to make K2/GGG happy to avoid that scenario. This isn't some random fight here where a star is cherry picking a rod salka; it's a mandatory & unification between two big name fighters.

That's something they decided to do on their own. Neither fighter was obligated to fight each other. Neither was mandatory. They just made the fight among themselves because they wanted to.
      A big fight like this has zero chance of going to purse bid, we need to be realistic...

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
        Canelo-Mayweather - 2.2 million
        Lil G-Lemieux - 97k

Stop the ****, Lil G should be happy with anything over $2mil it's the most he's ever made and probably ever will.
        Lying once again that 97k is a lie otherwise you have to accept the 390k viewers for Mayweather Berto from the same source.

Canelo did 300-315k vs a no name in Lara vs 150k GGG did vs no name in Lemieux. So GGG deserves at minimum the same split Khan got.

Also that 2.2million was due to Mayweather not Canelo. Keep spin doctoring.

Comment

Offering 90/10 would show that Canelo wants nothing of GGG. No matter how big Canelo's ego is, he has to offer a fair share.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
            A big fight like this has zero chance of going to purse bid, we need to be realistic...
            I think you're missing my point. I'm not saying it is going to purse bid. I'm not saying I think it's going to a purse bid. I'm saying because the WBC rules state Golovkin is obligated to about 50/50 IF it were to go to a purse bid, that is leverage, Golden Boy is not going to want that to happen, naturally, so it's in their best interest to offer something legit. Oscar can't throw a "90/10" like some of these clowns on NSB think he can do, because K2 would literally laugh and just point at the purse bid rules. See what I'm saying? It's better for everyone involved to avoid a purse bid and the way to do that is to make both sides happy.

Comment

Golovkin has 200k
              lol really going to use twitter as a measuring stick now are we? You can literally pay agencies to build your twitter followers up. This is known. A large percentage of Amir Khan's followers are actually fans of the famous Indian actor Amir Khan, which is why you always see these weird tweets by Indians talking about their favorite Khan movie that have literally nothing to do with Amir Khan the boxer.

Twitter followers lol

Comment

Golovkin has 200k

You know you can buy twitter followers, which Khan clearly does. Just track his numbers there many jumps in his follower count. Also people confuse his twitter handle for Aamir Khan an Indian Bollywood star.

Khan lost all of those viewers when he was flattened by Prescott. Khan did not manage to crack even 80k ppv buys vs McCloskey.

Comment

Golovkin has 200k

I was at khan-judah at Mandalay bay. That place was half empty. He's not that big of a draw

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
                    The thing you fail to mention is that unlike with Khan a fight with Golovkin could get Canelo seriously hurt. An for that reason Canelo has the right to ask for a 90/10 split. He's the A side and whether you like it or not the new face of boxing. Canelo has become bigger than any belt and at the end of the day even if the WBC strips him he'll still be the lineal Middleweight champion of the world.
                    and becoming the biggest lineal middleweight coward champion of the world

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      I think you're missing my point. I'm not saying it is going to purse bid. I'm not saying I think it's going to a purse bid. I'm saying because the WBC rules state Golovkin is obligated to about 50/50 IF it were to go to a purse bid, that is leverage, Golden Boy is not going to want that to happen, naturally, so it's in their best interest to offer something legit. Oscar can't throw a "90/10" like some of these clowns on NSB think he can do, because K2 would literally laugh and just point at the purse bid rules. See what I'm saying? It's better for everyone involved to avoid a purse bid and the way to do that is to make both sides happy.
                      I get your point, but i think ggg be lucky to get 70-30 mandatory or not, ggg him self gave his last mando an 80-20 split... negotiations wont be easy, last time erik gomez said weight was not an issue but money was...then we ended up with 2 jokes of fights... i really hope they settle this instead of more mismatches

Comment

Working...
                      X