Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was tarvers style so difficult for jones?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was tarvers style so difficult for jones?

I know jones wasn't really all the way there anymore but he had difficulties none the less if he was in his prime would it have been easier or still hard? Also why was it so hard for him?

In his prime Roy was unstoppable.

Comment

Southpaw, long jab, length, height, power, and timing....somewhat similar to Frankie Liles who turned out to be a good pro, and had a series of fights in the amateurs with Roy; beat him, lost to him, scored a couple of knockdowns in the process. He tried to meet Roy in the pros but it never happened....regardless, for Tarver, it was a great blueprint to work from. And that type of experience helped RJ as well, the first fight was definitely evenly fought imo

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
        I know jones wasn't really all the way there anymore but he had difficulties none the less if he was in his prime would it have been easier or still hard? Also why was it so hard for him?
        I think Tarver was difficult for Roy simply because Roy was past-it. Any fighter is going to have trouble when their reflexes slow and Jones was more dependent on reflexes than most fighters.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          I think Tarver was difficult for Roy simply because Roy was past-it. Any fighter is going to have trouble when their reflexes slow and Jones was more dependent on reflexes than most fighters.

Poet
          I think he still enough in him third fight to use the game plan he did first fight it would have been a tough win or loss but woulda looked better then getting shut out.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingisfixed View Post
            Yup I'm the second biggest Roy fan on here after Reed but ahh if that the case he would have blasted Harding out he win convincingly but always said that was he toughest fight. So yes he was damn near unbeatable but not unstoppable. When he it comes to south paws with awkward styles.

Comment

Lost his speed watch what happends to Pac n Floyd as they slow down with speed being there main attribute.. well Floyd will still have his defense.

Comment

Originally posted by DAN916 View Post
                Lost his speed watch what happends to Pac n Floyd as they slow down with speed being there main attribute.. well Floyd will still have his defense.
                Jones still has fast hands bro and his legs even at the time of this fight were faster then tarvers. He just lost his reflexes but if he learned to cover up well and dig that body he could've won.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingisfixed View Post
                  ^^^^^^^^^^

It wasn't Tarver's style.
                  Roy was off his prime. He lost way too much weight too fast and never recovered physically.

Ppl have very short term memory and think Pacquiao and Mayweather are the greatest **** since slice bread.

Comment

Tarver got the better roids in.

Comment

Working...
                    X