Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Jacobs: GGG is the best of my generation - Will fight him when money is right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    it's not good for the fans, but is it really killing boxing?

unless you're muhammad ali your career isn't goign to last long if you're matched like he was. and even with all of ali's talents he ended his life badly damaged. you can't expect everybody to be matched like that. the best can't always fight the best in boxing. it juyst doesn't work like that. and it never has. in the few situations wher eit has, like ali in the 70's, guys get hurt or killed.
    Ali didn't had long term brain damage from boxing. Doctors confirmed boxing can't cause Parkinson's and that was the problem with Ali later in life.

Im not expecting boxers to fight the best all the time but I'm also expecting not to see Eubanks vs Blackwell or Eubanks vs Doran. He's a world class fighter, stop beating up on local fighters. Or Garcia vs Salka or ggg vs wade. I can name you hundreds of recent fights that shouldn't happen i mean even hardcore are annoyed with the mismatches I wouldn't expect casual boxing fan would care for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
      and losing to mora.
      He will knock Mora out this time properly, sorry.

Comment

basketball teams can't die in the ring. you can die in boxing. kovalev killed a guy. eubanks damn near killed nick blackwell a few months ago.
        when it comes to "dangerous occupations", boxing doesnt even crack the top 50. A taxi driver or a firefighter has a better chance of dying than a fighter does. I am not minimizing the dangers of combat sports, but lets be real about it. Its a CHOSEN occupation. And the dangers assumed by those who chose boxing as their profession should not be used to undermine the integrity of the sport itself.

If you are a top 10 fighter in your division and are unwilling to face other top fighters in your division, then maybe boxing isnt the career you should have picked........
        Last edited by OnePunch; 06-28-2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post

question of the day

HEY GENNADY GONAD GARLGERS.....WHAT RISKS HAS YOUR HERO TAKEN?
          I'll tell you one risk and also stay on topic. He signed to fight Pirog after Pirog destroyed your man Jacobs. And he didn't demand more money for that or anything

New England let's see with what he comes up now.
          Last edited by _Maxi; 06-28-2016, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            I'll tell you one risk and also stay on topic. He signed to fight Pirog after Pirog destroyed your man Jacobs. And he didn't demand more money for that or anything

THEnewingland let's see with what he comes up now.
            ...typical GGG fan...bring up a fight that never happened....news flash dumb azz....you dont get credit for fights that dont happen

I thought about fighting Tyson Fury....does that mean I took a risk.....you have to be ******ed man

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              ...typical GGG fan...bring up a fight that never happened....news flash dumb azz....you dont get credit for fights that dont happen

I thought about fighting Tyson Fury....does that mean I took a risk.....you have to be ******ed man
              The fight didn't happen because Pirog injured his back while training for the fight, but the fight was signed and the camps were going on.

I assume that it's GGG's fault that Pirog got injured. You asked what risks he took, and I told you one risk. He signed to fight Pirog.

You are a little insecure person. Are you so mean towards Golovkin because he's good looking and stronger than you? and because he's not a midget? is that your problem?

Comment

i'm ok with fighters being managed in a manner that considers their health above all else. that goes above sport. it's not just about money in that sense, or at least it shouldn't be even if it really is.

this obviously isn't what happens in every situation, but at least it safeguards guys from being mandated to take tough fights when they're not ready for them, and getting badly hurt or killed.
                The problem here lies in idk that fighting GGG is THAT much more risky to ones health than any other fight. In fact I suspect the more eyes on a fight deemed more dangerous the less likely it won't be stopped earlier then some random undercard fight or clubshow. Like I said I see the argument I just think it's a destination that leads to boxing getting smaller.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                  when it comes to "dangerous occupations", boxing doesnt even crack the top 50. A taxi driver or a firefighter has a better chance of dying than a fighter does. I am not minimizing the dangers of combat sports, but lets be real about it. Its a CHOSEN occupation. And the dangers assumed by those who chose boxing as their profession should not be used to undermine the integrity of the sport itself.

If you are a top 10 fighter in your division and are unwilling to face other top fighters in your division, then maybe boxing isnt the career you should have picked........
                  cops and firemens jobs as far as danger way low on the list. I had comp for 40 years and got the list every year and they did it by deaths per 1000 never saw boxing on the list. I saw and knew coal miners dying in their late 30's after being hooked up to a machine they were the ones that really went far in the mines in the 70's

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    The fight didn't happen because Pirog injured his back while training for the fight, but the fight was signed and the camps were going on.

I assume that it's GGG's fault that Pirog got injured. You asked what risks he took, and I told you one risk. He signed to fight Pirog.

You are a little insecure person. Are you so mean towards Golovkin because he's good looking and stronger than you? and because he's not a midget? is that your problem?
                    let me re-word this for your slow, ******ed azz...what risk has he took IN THE RING....I'll wait

signing a fight, and fighting is two different things entirely.....why would I be insecure if im not the one fighting?

so I'll put a W in the win column for everyone who had a fight fall through.."its a risk though, he signed to fight!!!"

so that means Wilder gets credit for beating Povetkin bwahahahaha...

bwahahahahahahaha you are literally a cum stain...no brains.

I got no problem with golovkin...he is a good fighter....I have a problem with idiots like you who drag more proven fighters through the mud but make excuses for GGG

Look at GGG resume then compare it too people you are not fund of...Khan took risks.....Garcia took risks.....Mayweather took risks....Pacquaio took risks....IN THE RING while your herp does what....."oh muh mandatory doe!"

He should take a page out of Carlos Monzon and earn his belts in the ring...they stripped him and he still went after the other titlist as the lineal champion....GGG won one belt in the ring....ONE.....deal with it!!!
                    Last edited by therealpugilist; 06-28-2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post

really?

you think the average day for a firefighter is more dangerous than a 12 round boxing match at the top? boxing is much, much more dangerous than that. it's just that you fight fires for 20 years, or drive a cab for 30 or 40. heck, the "injuries" you see in a boxing match [cuts, bruises,] aren't typical to any occupation that i'm familiar with.

you really think a cabbie's day at the office is more dangerous than a 12 round fight? i think you're crazy if that's really what you think. there are in place systems that keep guys from fighting every month or even each week, the way they used to, and depleting their bodies. the big one is cable TV, where fights need 2-3 months to be promoted. or PPV, where they basically fight once or twice a year.

if a firefighter comes out of a burning building with a gigantic gash over his eyes it's called an injury. same with the massive bruising you see developing in the days following a long or hard fight. in boxing it's just part of the game. most of those guys literally don't even get shot up with novacaine. they take the stiches and walk out of the room

Comment

Working...
                      X