No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko on The Move? Could Be at 135 After One Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
    What do people not understand? 126 and 130 are two of the best divisions in boxing. Loma is fortunate to be in those divisions.
    Loma should clean up as much as possible then think about moving up.
    It'll be dumb to just move up when the divisions are hot.
    135 doesn't have anyone to offer. Top Rank won't put Verdejo in there with Loma and Felix is thinking about moving down anyway.
    135 is one of the weakest divisions in boxing, while 126 and 130 are two of the best divisions!
    If the best start fighting the best then there will be money. The fighters at 126 and 130 just have to start freaking fighting each other!!!!! If they want to make money.

You want to make more history Loma? Then clean up 126 and 130!!! It's that simple.
    126 is hot. Cuellar, Santa Cruz, Russell, Vetyeka and Mares are all Haymon though.

I don't know why you say 130 is good. It's 5 deep and he dominates all but Walters.

Stop protecting him he's not scared.

Comment

Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
      And some just make up their own weight division and claim they cant read english.
      Yeah Golovkin

Comment

What do people not understand? 126 and 130 are two of the best divisions in boxing. Loma is fortunate to be in those divisions.
        Loma should clean up as much as possible then think about moving up.
        It'll be dumb to just move up when the divisions are hot.
        135 doesn't have anyone to offer. Top Rank won't put Verdejo in there with Loma and Felix is thinking about moving down anyway.
        135 is one of the weakest divisions in boxing, while 126 and 130 are two of the best divisions!
        If the best start fighting the best then there will be money. The fighters at 126 and 130 just have to start freaking fighting each other!!!!! If they want to make money.

You want to make more history Loma? Then clean up 126 and 130!!! It's that simple.
        I agree but if they want to break another record by winning a belt at 135 then intend to drop back down and make 126/130 their home and clear it out ultimately it will be okay. Not my preferred road but cheap weight jumping and acquiring belts is appealing to casuals. He weighed 137 lbs last night he's been heavier in at least one of his featherwight fights doesn't sound like he plans on actually staying there..

Comment

That would be a dumb move. 135 is pretty weak.
          If Loma wants to make more history it's better to clean up 126 and 130.
          People will remember Loma cleaning up both stacked divisions. Not many will remember him capturing his third weight class title in the least amount of fights.

STAY AT 130 AND 126!!!! It would be dumb to move up when both divisions are this hot.
          Loma's pretty much done with 126.

Comment

Rigondeaux next, then Walters, then 135 for Verdejo's last fight there to make Loma-Verdejo in a really big lower weight class fight.

There will be no losers in that fight. Both fighters win, fans win, best vs best, and boxing historians 50 years from now will appreciate that the fight was made. Loma-Rigo HAS to happen for boxing history and so does Loma-Verdejo.

Comment

Moving up in weight and grabbing a title doesn't mean you're making history. Ricky Burns won a title in his third weight class and "made history" recently. Cleaning up a division is more impressive in my opinion, unless you're moving up to take on the best fighter in your new division.

There are a lot of good fights for Lomachenko at super featherweight: Vargas, Salido rematch, Walters, Gamboa, Fortuna.

Comment

That would be a dumb move. 135 is pretty weak.
                If Loma wants to make more history it's better to clean up 126 and 130.
                People will remember Loma cleaning up both stacked divisions. Not many will remember him capturing his third weight class title in the least amount of fights.

STAY AT 130 AND 126!!!! It would be dumb to move up when both divisions are this hot.
                He could always go up for one fight then come back to 130.. He was only 137 on fight night according to HBO...

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                  126 is hot. Cuellar, Santa Cruz, Russell, Vetyeka and Mares are all Haymon though.

I don't know why you say 130 is good. It's 5 deep and he dominates all but Walters.

Stop protecting him he's not scared.
                  You're crazy. 130 may be better than 126. I want to see Loma fight those guys not talk about it and assume he's going to win like other fan bases like to do for their fighters.
                  I'm protecting him, how? I want him to stay in tougher divisions (130 and 126) than move up to a **** division (135).
                  135 is wack. You think fighting and beating Flanagan or Crolla is going to be historic? The fact that Flanagan and Crolla are champions at Lightweight tells you how ****ing wack that division is.
                  You're just trying to use Loma to make GGG look bad. Everybody can see that.

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  I agree but if they want to break another record by winning a belt at 135 then intend to drop back down and make 126/130 their home and clear it out ultimately it will be okay. Not my preferred road but cheap weight jumping and acquiring belts is appealing to casuals. He weighed 137 lbs last night he's been heavier in at least one of his featherwight fights doesn't sound like he plans on actually staying there..
                  Believe me, nobody is going to remember that record. You know what people WILL REMEMBER THOUGH? Cleaning up the Featherweight and Super Featherweight divisions by FIGHTING AND BEATING the top guys in what could be the two best divisions in boxing right now!
                  I seriously doubt Loma goes back down if goes to 135. If Loma wants more belts to attract the casuals, then there are 3 more in both the Featherweight and Super Featherweight divisions to obtain.
                  Maybe they need to clear up what is there plan, but that record isn't worth crap imo. Winning a belt in your third pro bout, awesome that's historic. Winning a second belt in your second division in the least amount of fights is still pretty good, but not as historic. Winning a third belt in your third division in the least amount of fights is even less historic and something people will not care about. Well, maybe they'll care about it in the now, but not in historical sense. Cleaning up 126 and 130 would be an amazing feat though.

Comment

id like to see lomachenko vs guys like walters, vargas, salido rematch before he moves up. at least avenge his loss to salido.

Comment

Keep fighting for that ****ty WBO belt you'll get there

Comment

Working...
                      X