Tennis ball on string question?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennis ball on string question?

Hi there,
    I saw somewhere in the threads, someone mention putting a tennis ball on a string and hanging it up. I have done this. It hangs about head height. I slip, roll and bob about it, on the outside and on the inside too, throwing punches at/around it, sometimes slightly jabbing it, when I need more momentum from the ball, again. Is this right?

Originally posted by Tony. View Post
    Hi there,
    I saw somewhere in the threads, someone mention putting a tennis ball on a string and hanging it up. I have done this. It hangs about head height. I slip, roll and bob about it, on the outside and on the inside too, throwing punches at/around it, sometimes slightly jabbing it, when I need more momentum from the ball, again. Is this right?
    Yea, it's very limited in it's use. Helps break up monotony though.

Comment

You can use it as a slip bag:

Or you can also do something like this:

Comment

I also use this construction at home ( the one in the video ) to work on timing, head movement, reflexes etc.

Its a solid and good piece of equipment and cheap at that too.
        All I did was use the old jump rope and combinded it with a sock+ tennis ball.

Anyway keep using it its great for training the above things but in my opinion if you got the money a double end bag will be better for timing

Comment

I just have one of those ceiling hooks up and a rope tied to it. Towards the bottom of the rope there's a knot so no tennis ball is needed.

Comment

Working on your inside pivot moves is always a valued
            technique to work on.
            I prefer a rope slightly above shoulder height to practice bobbing a weaving as I step forward in pressure mode!

Comment

Working...
            X