Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the saddest moment in boxing you experienced as fan and howd it affect you

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post

The Abduslamov fight also, because dude took a frightful beating and the treatment he got after that fight. Plus I just recall comments I made during the fight and they weren't that bad but it feels bad to have been cracking any kind of wise remarks in light of that happening.

Those guys did live on but were/will never be the same and to me that is probably even worse than the quick end.
    Yes. I remember having a lot mixed of feelings during that fight. Feeling that THIS is what makes boxing great. Two guys denying their physical and mental limits in an effort to overcome. But, toward the end, I started to get an ugly sentiment I always feel when I see someone's cranium get thumped too many times (Wilder/Stiverne for example). I've followed the news on Abduslamov since the fight and it's just such a tragic series of events. Really changed how I view stoppages and the "warrior" mentality in general. Hard to relish a fight that goes on too long when you know some kid might grow up with a vegetable for a father as the consequence.

Comment

The Lennox Lewis /Holyfield draw...I had Lewis the winner by decision in a pool and it cost me 10 G's! Yea that sums it up!

Comment

When Salvador Sanchez died in a car accident.
        Never worshipped any man again

Ruelas vs Garcia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMfKXxDklcE

Garcia was beaten to death in the ring, and I hated the ref for letting it go on.

Comment

Working...
        X