No announcement yet.

Gaming PC's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
    Just wait for the PS4. Graphics in the PC space haven't got that much better in the past few years and the PS4 will match all but the best rigs at present. The current trend in computers is mobile graphics, PC's won't advance much over the next 5 years.
    The PS4 is what made me want to switch to PC gaming.

I don't see the point in getting it. I've been a PS owner since the PSOne, they've always impressed me. Not this time.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      The PS4 is what made me want to switch to PC gaming.

I don't see the point in getting it. I've been a PS owner since the PSOne, they've always impressed me. Not this time.
      I'm not sure why? The PS4 will have good specs compared to current gen PC's plus if you add in the huge optimisation and budgets that come with console gaming the next gen will truly be something special.

The reason why the PS4 isn't a huge leap from the PS3 is because that 'huge leap' doesn't exist.

Comment

buy a new one kevo, not worth putting more money in that one

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
          I'm not sure why? The PS4 will have good specs compared to current gen PC's plus if you add in the huge optimisation and budgets that come with console gaming the next gen will truly be something special.

The reason why the PS4 isn't a huge leap from the PS3 is because that 'huge leap' doesn't exist.
          Right now I want to focus on a gaming PC. I will not get the PS4 when it launches, maybe a couple of years after it's launch. Probably 1-2 years after.

Comment

The PC you have is utter **** and it's doubtful you could even upgrade it to decent status since the mobo is old as ****.

Get an i5 ivybridge, 8GB ram, nvidia 670/680, 650w psu, a cpu cooler so you can overclock if need be ever. Viola.

Console gaming is **** btw, take this from someone who moved over to PC gaming years back. I still have an Xbox 360/PS3. Games like Guild Wars 2/World of Warcraft aren't available for consoles and those are amazing games which is why they are ridiculously popular. Any game which is released for consoles can be optimised to look better on the PC. Voice chat is much better on the PC because of better mics and the software such as Mumble/Teamspeak/Ventrilo that allow for better quality of sound, less delay in relaying sound from your mic to another guys PC. On top of that you could always upgrade your pc if you ever think its falling behind after a few years or you could overclock to get more out of your PC.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
              The PC you have is utter **** and it's doubtful you could even upgrade it to decent status since the mobo is old as ****.

Get an i5 ivybridge, 8GB ram, nvidia 670/680, 650w psu, a cpu cooler so you can overclock if need be ever. Viola.

Console gaming is **** btw, take this from someone who moved over to PC gaming years back. I still have an Xbox 360/PS3. Games like Guild Wars 2/World of Warcraft aren't available for consoles and those are amazing games which is why they are ridiculously popular. Any game which is released for consoles can be optimised to look better on the PC. Voice chat is much better on the PC because of better mics and the software such as Mumble/Teamspeak/Ventrilo that allow for better quality of sound, less delay in relaying sound from your mic to another guys PC. On top of that you could always upgrade your pc if you ever think its falling behind after a few years or you could overclock to get more out of your PC.
              This is exactly what most people tell me, that's why i'm making a switch.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                [Also posted in Arcade Forum], There's more traffic here so I copied and pasted it here to get more comments.

I'm going to need help with this from the PC gamers, if there's any here.

So I want to go from a console player to a PC player. My computer is old as hell, it's a 2006 computer from e Machines. It's no where near being a gaming PC, and to upgrade it to one I know I will either have to do a lot of upgrading or just buy a new PC.

So here are my embarrassing computer specs, that are outdated even for a normal non gaming PC.

I don't know what you guys need to know so I will just list some of the stuff and you ask me what else you need to know.

Don't laugh at me.

Hard Drive: 120GB
                Memory: 2GB RAM[I see gaming PC's have anywhere from 8-16GB RAM?]
                DirectX Version: DirectX 11[Whatever that is]

Device: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
                Approx. Total Memory: 256MB
                Current Display Mode: 1280 x 720 (32bit) (60 Hz)[I read some where that 32bit is too little for gaming?]
                Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

If you need to know the driver specs let me know.

So what do you guys have to say about this old piece of crap?
                You totally need a new one. Lol

Budget?

Comment

Just get a cheap PC with windows 7 and an Intel Core I5 processor, stick a Radeon HD 7750 which is under $100 and it will run any game (not on high settings of course). That graphics card gets all it's power from the motherboard also so no need to upgrade the power supply. Don't bother with expensive graphics cards, they cost a lot and the prices plummet every year, the $300 ones this year will be $100 next year.

Comment

I don't know what i'm gonna do yet. I'm looking at a really good one from iBuyPower called Revolt. I definitely want to get rid of my current one. But I don't know if I should buy that one and then customize it, or just build my own one real cheap.

http://www.ibuypower.com/Info/revolt/customize.aspx

Comment

What do you guys think of that one?

Love the look of the case. The specs is what i'm looking for and the prices aren't $2k+ like those other high end gaming PC's.

Comment

Working...
                      X