No announcement yet.

is garcia avoiding thurman and broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
    Lamont Peterson is not a top contender in his prime?
    he's a decent gatekeeper is all.

never been the same since lucas matthysse.

and even so people had it a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      LOL, you went from a funny man to a whinny hater.
      Seriously. His posts are so predictable now. Whine, whine, whine, bitter, bitter.

Comment

Garcia has proven he will fight anyone, so lets see what happens
        Yea I agree but obviously he would rather deviate from better competition and fight the Paulie's in the twilight of their careers.
        But honestly I think Berto is a very very competitive fight. Thurman is definitely the more challenging for but Berto is physically durable and hard hitting guy. Now that I think about it I fully expect Garcia to get on his bike for Berto like he did with Guerrero

Comment

internet kid lingo lesson no.1

retort to any valid criticism with ' u jus a hater doe'

The gift has CLEARLY never been the same since matthysese, pissing blood for weeks after, and then refusing to fight any legit fighters in the years afterwards proves this.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Seriously. His posts are so predictable now. Whine, whine, whine, bitter, bitter.
            All the joy he had coming on these boards are gone. There was a time that I actually thought that he was funny. Now I feel bad for him

Comment

Nah absolutely not. There's no reason for him to duck Broner, that's a big money fight and very winnable.

As for a Thurman fight, this is the first time that fight is really on the table, so lets see what happens. I think that one gets made, maybe by the end of the year, if not, early next year.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                there are a bunch of good fights out there for him but he just doesn't want them. people like larry think its a coincidence he ended up fighting malignaggi, guerrero, and now maybe berto? the coincidence is called give me money for easy fights!
                Exactly. They are cashing out for as long as possible. He is fighting everyone beatable that isn't a legit threat. But the main initiative is to build up his resume like they did and finally sacrifice him to a Spence. Then when he gets obliterated by a Spence type, it will be slated as a historical victory that shook the boxing world

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                  He just moved up at 147 -- Is Lamont Peterson a top contender @ 140 and now @ 147 in his prime? was it not a good win?
                  Lamont Peterson is not a top contender in his prime?
                  No, how did Lamont ever become a top contender??? He had a lot of hype behind, but i dont think hes ever been top 5 at least i havent

Danny is the new WBC champ, he should defended against a top opponent

Comment

So what is happening in the Haymon camp nowadays. PBC used to produce at least 2-3 fights a month. Seems everyone is on extended vacation. Garcia, Broner, Jacobs, Quillin, Peterson, etc.

Is Haymon waiting for Schaefer?

Comment

Man a retired Pacman is still fighting young lions and
                      young prime Garcia can't even make up his mind.

Is Garcia afraid of Thurman? Is he retired or what?

Comment

Working...
                      X