Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is Brook suddenly NOT the best Welterweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could argue that he is #1 but he is definitely not the consensus best like GGG and Rigondeaux are. Thurman-Porter was closer than Porter-Brook but Thurman also landed harder and cleaner shots on Porter than Brook did. Thurman's resume is also superior. If pac comes back, he is #1

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Lol, can't tell if this troll's mission is to boost Golovkin's opponent or if he's a Brook fan who is deeply bothered that his boy is about to go through an experience worse than getting stabbed by a tranny.

Brook has never done anything to lead the pack at WW and, in fact, has been somewhat cowardly in refusing to make a relevant defence of his belt in 2 years. What's he going to do after this loss? Fight cans for another 2 years?
      You're the troll here kid, Brook schooling the #3 Welterweight in Porter is better than what any other Welterweight has done since May/Pac retired.

Welterweights like Giraffe Queen Khant have been ducking Brook, not the other way around. Try actually learning some boxing before you open your damn mouth.

Every organization and website has Brook as either the #1 or #2 Welterweight on the planet. Most have him as #1.

You can have your own opinions but you can't have your own facts.

Brook vs Golovkin = #1 Welterweight vs #1 Middleweight. Brook won't lose, Sugar Ray Brook is coming to SHOOK THE DAMN WORLD.

Get ready folks, the fight of the century is approaching.

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
        HAHAHAHAHA Yeah Brook got a gift in Brooklyn LMAO
        LMAO I know right. Brook gave that boy a boxing lesson and took the belt off him, while Thurman went life and death with him. There's really no comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Pimper View Post
          LMAO I know right. Brook gave that boy a boxing lesson and took the belt off him, while Thurman went life and death with him. There's really no comparison.
          Maybe a clinch lesson. Brook was holding almost the hold fight. He won but no warnings for that excessive holding

Comment

Yea you're right. I loved watching the demolition of future Hall of Famer Kevin Bizier. That one really sold me Brook. An excellent way to prepare for GGG. I'd be shocked if GGG made it to the 6th round really. After that why not Joshua? Slight height advantage but I'd say power is even. How do you see that historic matchup playing out?

Comment

What's your main account?

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                Maybe a clinch lesson. Brook was holding almost the hold fight. He won but no warnings for that excessive holding
                Had to hold because Porter was lunging in headfirst like a football player and being a wild caveman on the inside and hit Brook with about 100 rabbit punches to the back of the head. Porter got no warning too for that and he had one hand free, the ref told him to work it out and he couldn't do it.

Comment

He's like Mayweather now. Too good for his own good. So anyone he fight will be too (fill in the blank) to mean anything. Unless GGG does get beat then he'll get humanized more & maybe will get some bigger respect from a wider number of fans.

As to the main subject of this thread I will say I didn't see Brook as the best guy in the division as for me its a division thats still up for grabs, but for sure Brook is in play for the #1 spot & this fight is the type of fight that'd have gotten Canelo less negativity if chosen instead of Khan. So if the purpose of this thread is a pissing contest between GGG & Canelo, GGG wins again as he does in most pissing contests with Canelo that don't involve economics. And if the purpose is to legitimize Brook as a GGG opponent I think anyone reasonable can see that Brook as a top 2 WW & arguably the best WW is a better opponent than a non-top ten MW who still more of a prospect than legit contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Pimper View Post
                    Had to hold because Porter was lunging in headfirst like a football player and being a wild caveman on the inside and hit Brook with about 100 rabbit punches to the back of the head. Porter got no warning too for that and he had one hand free, the ref told him to work it out and he couldn't do it.
                    If it was the other way around you would had criticized it for Porter holding too much.

Comment

Because this ERA fans opinions means more than the actual match Apparently lol

Because they "THINK" a guy would win some people act like they don't even need to see certain guys fight each other which is just stupid because as seen with Garcia vs Matthysse in which many on this forum thought Matthysse would destroy Garcia end up being WRONG!

Comment

Working...
                      X