No announcement yet.

Study Finds That ****phobic People Are Actually More Likely To Be Gay

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study Finds That ****phobic People Are Actually More Likely To Be Gay

A study has found that people who display ****phobic tendencies are more likely to be gay.

Teams at the University of Rochester in New York, the University of California and the University of Essex found that individuals who identify as straight, often showed a strong attraction to the same sex in psychological tests.

Netta Weinstein, a lecturer at the University of Essex and the study's lead author, said that these individuals "may be threatened by gays and lesbians because ****sexuals remind them of similar tendencies within themselves".

The study analysed four separate experiments conduced in the US and Germany, which provided evidence that ****phobia is in fact 'external manifestation of repressed sexual desires'.

Richard Ryan, a professor of psychology at the University of Rochester in New York, said that: "People who have ****phobic attitudes, who are more prejudice or discriminatory against gay people, are themselves more likely to have a discrepancy between their unconscious attractions to same-sex partners than what they are aware of.

"Those people who have such discrepancies, who have really a split between their unconscious attraction and what they consciously say about themselves, are more likely to come from authoritarian homes."

"If you are a parent who really believes your child should be straight, and when you use whatever means you can to convince them them that they're only good and worthy if they are, that would be very controlling and it creates a lot of conflict in the child."

Professor Ryan concludes that the way that children process and resolve this information is to act out in a discriminatory or hateful way towards gay and lesbian people.

It's hoped that the findings might help to explain the dynamics behind bullying and hate crimes.

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/7816390

You trying to say jinkee is a dude?

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
      You trying to say jinkee is a dude?

Comment

We've got a lot of those types on here.

Comment

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8772014

The authors investigated the role of ****sexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward ****sexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of ****phobic men (n = 35) and a group of non****phobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of ****phobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male ****sexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female ****sexual videos. Only the ****phobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male ****sexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. ****phobia is apparently associated with ****sexual arousal that the ****phobic individual is either unaware of or denies.

Comment

Nobody takes liberal university studies seriously. Psychology is the biggest load of crap out there, they're never been able to cure any gay people of their mental illness/hatred of the baby Jesus.

only maybe 5% of the population are gay and thats a big stretch. I'd say around 95% of men are secretly disgusted by gay people and only 75% actually display that hatred in public or around friends., I've never met a man that never had his blood boil when sharing the same room as a ****sexual heathen.

So if you take 75% and subtract that from 95% you're left with 20% of people that I can't prove are anti gay, and if you take that 75% and take away 5% you're left with 70% which means 70% of men must be ****sexuals according to this study, and we know thats not true because only 5% at the max at ****sexuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
              Nobody takes liberal university studies seriously. Psychology is the biggest load of crap out there, they're never been able to cure any gay people of their mental illness/hatred of the baby Jesus.

only maybe 5% of the population are gay and thats a big stretch. I'd say around 95% of men are secretly disgusted by gay people and only 75% actually display that hatred in public or around friends., I've never met a man that never had his blood boil when sharing the same room as a ****sexual heathen.

So if you take 75% and subtract that from 95% you're left with 20% of people that I can't prove are anti gay, and if you take that 75% and take away 5% you're left with 70% which means 70% of men must be ****sexuals according to this study, and we know thats not true because only 5% at the max at ****sexuals.

Scott Steiner math at best!

Comment

Interesting.

Would explain NSB over the last few days:

Comment

I mean I don't think Beercules is gay. He's different for sure but gay,probably not

Comment

I hate these gay ass threads almost as much as I hate the fags!

Comment

Working...
                    X