Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the rules should be changed so that fighters can talk to each other ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're not allowed to talking a fight

Comment

No. It's a good rule. Some boxers talk way to much for weeks before the fight. When the bell for round one rings the time for talking is over and it's time for fighting. It's not a strictly enforced rule anyway. Fighters often do talk to each other during the fight and in the many years I've watched pro boxing I can't remember even one time a fighter was docked a point for talking. Mosley talked to Mayweather during their fight and Mayweather put a fist in Mosley's mouth every time Mosley started talking. Soon Mosley stopped talking.

Comment

I'm OK with it as long as it doesn't get stupid - after all these guys are already communicating in about the most primitive and fundamental way humans can (outside of actually f#kking each other). Anyway, boxers communicate all the time with expression and gesture - a few words are OK for me so long as it doesn't interfere with the fight, although I would add the caveat that the fighters should have the right to object to the ref if they feel it innappropriate or unfairly effecting their performance.

Comment

I think it gets them fired up and ups the action in the fight, it also gets the fans into it. However I imagine fighters taking to the next level if they get too angry with what their opponent said and then it turns into a dirty wrestling match with kicking, rabid punches and low blows and all of that. The refs would have their hands full.

Comment

I think it was Golota who was talking Tyson ear off in ring

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              I think it was Golota who was talking Tyson ear off in ring
              atleast he didn't bite his ear off

Comment

Working...
              X